PISSED / COMPLAINTS / TICKETS: System Stories.....

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 400
Hey Rovin thought I would just start a thread, in case someone want to add something about their system... I bet you will have more stories sooon....
Continued from: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189555.html

well Rovin, an elderly lady cussed my out 2days ago!

She was pissed, I mean pissed, PISSED!!
She was just going to the store for some gas & a gallon of milk.

When the whole store started MOVING!!! the whole front of the store FLEXED!! cause it was GLASS!
and When I hoped out, to get 2 green leaf cigars; the damn celling of the store was vibrating!!!

I got some real dredfull stares & looks....
I LOVE IT!

Since doing my install:

I completly over drowned this guy with 3 tens in a suv. He turned it off, he was like he heard me, b4 he even seen the car!
I was approaching stop light, and saw 2 people looking @ me like I was crazy. Then He stuck his head out the window to ask me WTF was going on in there..... I said 2 15s.....

Then I have had people take their seatbelt off and turn around to see whos that behind them!

Also, I have people runing out there house, and runing to the windows, just to see WHO THE F is that! <mostly Teenagers... LOL

Sooo many stories since I got this thing install..

My buddy said I was vibrating his coins in his car ahead! < that was funny when he said that...

WHO ELSE?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1827
hey B looks like you are having tons of fun

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4729
Hey great thread idea man !

As u know in trini thats just asking 2 get ur sh!t stolen so i'm gonna keep mines private & just enjoy it with my windows up . Its always up btw cause i just love being cool in a/c ...

U know those music carts that r 4ever around , i hear what they do as a cover is go near a parking lot & play it loud so that whoever alarm does not set off their partners will know & later go rip stuff out !!! - sneaky b@st@rds !

Also over here i noticed too that ppl don't park up in the main rd like they used to bang out long time . I know this 1 guy good he's like in his 40s though in a bluebird wagon with a pair of 15s old Strokers & boss ripper amps (yea i know its boss -lol) that really drops some serious spl , u can feel it in the upstairs where i am , pure spl not much sq though . He recently bought some Atomic xx 18s to put in !!!.....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4730
Oh & B - don't blast ur system near a glass/ceramics store or u'll have 2 yank out ya checkbook bigtime ! -lol ....

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 405
Rovin, how much is a gallon of GAS down there now?
I remember bumping AC all year around... lol

My dad had a Bluebird car from 82. Its called a Nissan Maxima in the US.
It lasted my whole childhood in Trini.

yea, Rovin I remember back home, everything seems to sound louder? maybe atmosphere? right on equator u know..
Cause stuff just dont sound as loud to me now...
well atleast to what I remmebered from back home.

But yea, LOUD is LOUD> lol

I will take your advice around the glass...

Chad Lee.. Im having lots of fun... lamo
Any Stories??

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 158
only story I have is when I went to a local store to pick up a wallet.. I pulled up in my car which didn't have the greatest system, 2 10s and 2 12s all MTX.. yeah you guys do not like MTX but it sounded damn good. they we the old series so idk much difference between those and the new. anyway.. before i even got out of the car to go in all of the employies greated me outside because they wanted to know what was going on. The owner said stuff off his desk in the back were starting to fall off. It was a smaller store so I suppose its no big deal. Just kinda made me laugh. at least i got me a new wallet from that trip :-)

as far as tickets.. have not got one yet but ive been pulled over for breaking city ordinance for my car being too loud, got a warning, whoooo

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1067
i used to have a pair of 15" kicker comps that I would pound all the time and never once got a ticket or a call on me. First day that I got my 2 10" infinity's in a ported box I got acall on me and that cop wasn't to pleased when he pulled up. o well

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 937
Hey, B, how much are the TSX's? I'm looking at adding that to my list of possibilities.

2 12" RE SE's
2 12" DD Audio 2500's
2 12" AA Aresenals
2 12" Treo TSX's

But I need to know the price of the TSX's.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 417
Kevin.. I have got 2 warning b4, in a small town. But none with this system. Good thing u got a warning though...

The other warning, I lied & told the cop, he pulled the wrong car, cause I dont have a system! Then I kept hitting the OFF buttton (power) to show him it wasnt hooked up.

Im thinking of adding a kill switch to my system again....

Wahl.. lol, sweeeet

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 418
sweeet...
I lost the damn price list..
maybe someone else has it.
I paid 420 for pair @ my local dealer.
but i dont think u will find that price again.
But it is something to consider...
www.treoonline.com
Treo must be bought from the local dealers. Call them from the # on the web site.
I have NO complaints... Plenty enough for me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 938
Ah, that kind of stinks...The other brands I can order online/phone from the company.

I doubt there's a Treo dealer within 50 miles of where I live...

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 420
I think they can help u over the phone. Just call them and find out. Maybe 1 closer than u think!!

The store I got mine from, u wouldnt even think, they sell TREO in there! lol

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1061
my friend with the shockers broke a window in my old school, my school was like 100years old, no sh!t, anyways i was in english and he was on lunch bumpin around town you can hear him about 2-3blocks away so every1 in class heard him coming then when he got right beside the school, the window started vibrating like crazy then all of a sudden it just fell out, every1 in class was like holy sh!t, and ran to the window which was laying on the ground in a million pieces, the school called the cops, and he got a ticket, and the only reason they didn't take his system was because he said he would pay for a new window and have it installed. it was pretty intense.

Silver Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 109
I bought a power acoustik gothic series OV2-820 and for two weeks my memphis pr-154 was bangin but the freakin amp burnt out on me lol. Now I gotta go buy another amp , lookin into the memphis pr series of amps.

Anonymous

one time i was bumpimg my pyramid red series subs and an old lady smacked me upside my head and said why do i have them cats back therre scratching on my box trying to get out. they were that sh!tty.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 516
thats funny^^

Silver Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 140
i set off my first car alarm the other day. :-)

i was bumpin on my way to school, when i saw my friend walking in. i just waved to him, and when i passed, i looked in the rear view mirror(which was rattling terribly)and he was just standing looking at me. so i parked, noticed a car flashing and beeping, and he was like "dude, that started going off when you drove by it." and i just smiled at him.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1832
well one time my friend wanted to show off his system and when he cranked up the volume, the damn amp went in to protection after a couple of bumps. there was like more than 20 people there surrounding his car and everybody was laughing.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 720
dang that would suck..i thought something like that could only happen to me

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 723
i made a guy fall off a ladder yesterday...but it wasnt very far up thank god...i was going to town and my neighbor was out cutting limbs off a tree and i had it mute then turned it up real quick and apparently he turned around too quick and fell off lol

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 424
^^^^ lamo
KEEP STORIES COMING......
I know ill have more stories this week. lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1834
lol i am gonna ride around town this weekend with my system really loud. let see if i have some stories to tell on monday. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 453
hey b what system u got like the subs an amps an what kinda box an tuning an what kinda car u got

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 28
One time i was gettin ready to turn onto a highway and some people in front of me turned around and gave me some dirty looks but i live in a small town, not very many car alarms...lots of old people though, lmao, like the one who works at the audio shop..

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 432
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol
these small towns get a fitt, when the music is too loud...

I live in a pretty big city, so I can pull behind a cop BASSing and he wouldnt think much of it. But if I drive 45 miles the other way and do that; its a totally diffrent story!
1st strike: warning/verbal/written
2nd strike: 150
3rd strike: double
4th strike: NO SYSTEM-> Police Auction

Scott:
I have 2 TREO TSX 15s in a 7&1/2 cubic ft ported box which take up my entire trunk space!
1 PRD1000.1 AMP / 1 PR200.2 AMP
CLICK on my NAME. You will see everything I got...
HO alt is a big pluss also..

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4760
i just demoed my stuff 2 a guy who goes spl comps & b4 he even heard it he asked if i really did it so neat . He was SHOCKED ! - He even said its hard 2 breath sitting inside my ride & he's even more accustomed 2 loudness than me .

ok now - how do i 'sound deaden' a steering column , sun visors & part of the headliner ! - LOL cause i cranked it up a bit harder than i usually do & both started shaking noticebly ! ...i'm just messing around , it really does do that but i can't take that spl 4 more than 30 secs so i normally play it moderately -lol.......

==================================================
hey B - r those premier speakers putting out enough 2 keep up with the bass of ur 15s ???.......

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 435
lol, I bet it was hard to breathe in that hatch..
lol

Rovin, its trying, but I can drown em out if I try.... lol

The premier 4ways in the back is loud!, I think they eat all the power for the 3ways in the front.
I need more coming from the front...
Maybe some components coming this summer to put in the dash!!
I also have 2 tweeters in the back, that kicks also..

But dont get me wrong, If i cut the bass, them things do SCREAM.

Hey Rovin whats the price of GAS down there?????
Just curious..

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 283
yesterday i was driving by a high school like the side where all the soccer fields and stuff are, the line was backed up cuz it was lunch time and i was bumping my system and all the kids that were playing stopped and just kept starring it was awesome for some lanzars, then when i got done playing i turned it down to see a cop lighting me up, pulled me over but ended up giving me a warning i lucked out.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1840
okay like half an hour ago i had to go to the store real quick. i was bumping my system louder than usual. after about 10 seconds i hear loud plastic rattling noise. so i got out to examine the noise and it was my tail light. i broke a plastic piece inside my tail light. i have to put my stock tail lights back on now. it sux but what can i do.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 439
^^^ Chad I feel you. lol
its funny, but I did the same thing when I had my 12s.

That is still part of my rattling in my car. I have to replace the whole light assembly. I will show it in the pics, when I post my system in braggin area later this week.
Mine broke in the middle, and on the end of the trunk. lol

Chad, what may have broke it, is that it was too tightly screwed!!! <-that was my problem also.
So the Bass made it FLEX...

Eddie, good thing was just a warning...
=-)

If a cop pulls me, I am going to ask him how much DB I was hitting! He better have a number. Cause its BS they can pull u with factory radio. I dont think it will stand in court with a good lawyer, if that came down to it.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 441
holy shhhhh....

High compliments to the police, city council, and citizens of Lorain, Ohio.

You are setting a good example, for the entire nation, of how to deal with the obnoxious boom car menace.

Boom car boys, this is your future !
Upload

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 442
So we are called "BOOM CAR BOYS" ?
I would be 1 pissed camper.....
Why didnt he take it out b4 the court date?

I guess its legal for them to destroy our property!

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 443
http://www.lowertheboom.org/trice/resources.htm

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 657
in my city..its totaly illegal to have a system in the car...havnt got pulled over bc i dont have those RE's yet.....but i had to do ALOT of convincing to my parents to let me get all that if its illegal haha

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 266
I'll tell ya about being pissed, when i first got into car audio, I knew nothing and was told to buy type r's, so i bought one and within a week it was gone, stolen right out without even being broken in. So I thought I wouldn't spend as much and go for type s and a couple months later they were gone. Now my insurance won't cover it anymore and i can't stand just speakers so i'm, now and for awhile now using type e's......pretty lame a ss town if u ask me.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4236
get some speakers installed that they cant remove build them into your doors or back deck then bolt them down with different type heads if you build the speakers into the back deck make the enclosure hang underneath leaving no clearance forcing them to go from the back window put grill covers on and make them different type heads as well.....anything that will make it take them a long time to get out what they want

Silver Member

Post Number: 944
Well, I still have my permit (no laughing, I'm 18 too lol) but the other day I was sitting in the Kroger parking lot, playing Throw It Up.

Even with my Volfs. the bass is pretty dang loud, and this girl in my driver's ed class (yes, just finished it as a senior the other day) who doesn't like me, pulled up with her mom, and she gave me a dirty look.

One of those "Yea, just because you've got a nice system doesn't mean you're cool."

Needless to say she's driving like a 96 Grand AM, with everything stock...

Silver Member

Post Number: 945
Another one is, I was the first at my school (1200 students) to have Volfenhags. One kid made fun of mine saying they don't hit as hard as Sony's do.

Well, it's been about 5 months now, and Volfenhags are the big rage at my school now lol. That's why I was able to sell mine hehe. There's about 6 kids with them now.

Wait till they see the SE's. They'll be like "WHERE's THE COLOR AND THE CHROME?!?!?" "Those suck, they don't LOOK cool."

I'll hear a lot of that, until they HEAR them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4237
ok Heres mine

I used to have a audiobahn immortal quad voice coil 12 running off a mtx 81000d at 1500 rms and I pulled up to the gym I go to and out comes the lady from the desk with this smile on her face. I said yes becuase she said something to me i couldnt make out right away and she said was that you? I said what she said that music. I said yeah why I just pulled up. She said you were shaking stuff on the front desk when you pulled up. I laughed and said really. I said sorry she said no its ok I just wanted to know what it was. This was in my 95 monte carlo z34 I had my windows partially down I think and my sunroof open. when I pulled up. i guess the reason I was able to do that was because that thing hit hardest down low 36 hz was my loudest frequency It would actually visably shake my headunit in the dash. My other complaint was when I was running my two 6.5 inch tangbands on 140 rms total in my abc box and had the system up about 2 thirds and had my windows down while I was in a traffic line waiting for a train to pass and a guy yelled out his window up to me "turn it the f u c you add the next letter down. I chuckled inside later but at the time he ticked me off so i turned it up as loud as i could paly it without distortion. Later on I told my buddies in our car club the story they smiled.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4240
my posts havent been showing up after i do them...why?

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 456
b whats ur box tunings

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 758
no one likes u here sean you're not smart lol ... haha.. j/k

Gold Member

Post Number: 4246
where did that come from casey hehe

Gold Member

Post Number: 4247
i dont need approval I know im smart LOL

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1370
2 15" Eclipse Ti Pro's powered by 4,000 watts each. Yet to get a ticket (live in the boonies), but I turn a LOT of heads. But I turn it down when I'm moving slow or in a residental zone...

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 124
Haven't got any broblems with my system besides shattering my door glass in the camaro, runnin 2 RF T2 in it with 3000Rms to both subs.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 584
it's no problem here to have loud music in you car, as long as it's off before 10 at night. It also must stay off until 8ish in the morning. Other than that, no problems. My gf and I were the only people in my town with systems, so we turned a lot of heads :-)

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 453
Jake Hill, that sounds like a KILLER...
LOL

Damn, to think having a system would be illegal??
Where the hell are our rightS? whats next??

Scott Im not sure, put it peaks low at 30hz with sine wave cd. Ill tell you later, once I go check..

Keep em coming...
I cant belive NO 1 got any tickets...
I guess we all look out for the cops..
lol

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1374
I have a scanner and radar detector too so I can be aware of what's going on around me. And yea, it's killer. I've yet to turn it up all the way.

I was out playing in the snow yesturday and buried my Jeep in 8' of snow and the belt rolled off during my rodding so I'm out of commission until I get the ambition to go put a new belt on it...

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 468
lol, sounds like fun!
well that belt shouldnt be too bad to put on, just wait for a lil warmer day...
Im in the process of changing a Harmonic Balancer, so my belt will be off tommorow..

Jake I bet people hate riding with you!!

Ive had friends cover their ears when I turn it up! Its outrageous..

Reminds me I need to buy those ear plugs this week.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 587
that's deadly man........It must be EXTREMELY loud if you need ear plugs, lol. I wish I could afford something like that. I'm halfway through college so only a little longer :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 322
I "had" 2 12" Alipne Type R's and a 600rms Xplod amp...(yeah Sony) anyways I hit 139.6 db as my highest Db at an DB drag race.

So my bro wants me to show his friends my stereo and it was at Timmy Ho's so I turned it up and outside you could hear Tim hortons metal roof panels vibrating and EVERYONE in the store staring out at me....and than the old lady working ran out and told me shed phone the cops if I didnt turn it off as I was going to break a window!!!
my new stereo is a HUGE project going to hopefully insanly loud (2000rms..than up to 4000rms) and 2 12" Premeir (world record holding)

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 592
nice.......It's cool to see other Canadian's on this forum too talking about places we have, lol. btw, Tim's XL French Vanilla is the best one you'll ever have! yum....heh

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 517
=)
bumpp..

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 521
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/190665.html

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 331

The Funny thing is I'm a Supervisor at Timmys too. 3rd year college as well.
But my new system will be wayyyy better 2 12" pionner premeir tw-23002spl or somthing alng those lines (1000rms 3000max) and a Dark Blue 1000.2 (2000rms)...so I hope to be hitting hard after that!!

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 606
You should travel to the tims here in NL and show me your system.....lol. Say your doing some kind of check or something :-)

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 498
B u give us all a bad name. people like you are the reason they take away our systems. btw i hit 149.6db with 2 15" L7's. (which i later blew up)

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 526
lol
149.6 is really loud...
what did u power them with?

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 335

SO where is NL? I am totally not familar with that abreveation. If it's close I may drive through or somthing as I will be driving around to stereo comps. But for a Timmy's "check"...haha ....nope!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us