JL or RE

Bronze Member
Username: Steven1234

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 67
Im stuck between decideing which subs to go with 2 JLw6's or 2 RE SE's im looking for SQ as well as Spl....iv heard the W6's before but havent heard a RE se.... IM looking to maybe compete in some comps so.... it doesnt have to be perfect SQ but good SQ. Mainly casue im just starting out and im just trying to get started.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 451
ReSx

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5409
W6v2 sounds a lot better than the SE or SX. SX will be the louder sub, but not by a huge amount.

Bronze Member
Username: Steven1234

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 68
but how much do the SE's run about.. and is there a big diffrece between the W6 and se's?

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 724
if your looking to compete i would go more toward the sx

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 519
if i were you i would never but anything w/out having heard it. the RE's may in fact be more what your looking for but you should if possible make that decision based off of what you when comparing the 2 subs. and if you can't listen to the RE's then get the JL's. RE needs to get their product in stores and not do this underground internet crap.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5415
He's talking about SQ competition. I don't know why it's automatically assumed that a competition is solely SPL based. Does show the current crappy state of car audio, though.

Personally, I feel the W6v2 is a much better SQ sub than anything RE offers, XXX included.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us