Seth Lowe

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 443
hey will this sound dampin in the bac hatch on the whole floor an sides an back help out my sound an make it better an wats ur box messurments i no i can do a 12 ported perfect but i wanna try 2 fit a 15 ported on a slant Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 320
Do you have a camaro also? If so, I'll let ya know how to get 2 15"s ported to 3.5cuft each in there...

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 452
firebird messurements i got 4 1 12 is 28w 13h 18d i wanna try 2 12s i only have 1 15 an the messurments r in the lil box thingy at the bottom

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4234
scott my thoughts are angle the 12's at an angle left to right with a slant top to bottom and you should be fine make the box as big as you can then use fiberfill and you should be able to get to the cubic feet you want. heres as study to go by for the fiberfill and how much the airspace can change based on the amount of fiber fill you use. You can get up to 400 percent increase.

ps......I find it intresting that it takes less fiberfill to acheive 2.00 cf ported box from 1.40 ported than it does for a 2.00 cf sealed from a 1.40 cf.

Something to be learned there for sure

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4235
correction 400 percent should read 40 percent

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 569
nice job on that soundproofing. :-)

Also, I'm interested in the box designs on the firebird/camaro. :-)

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 461
hey seth after u did ur car in the sound damp was ur back bumber still rattlin casue mine still is

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 462
bumper***

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 572
Scott, I found it was actually my license plate causing the rattles. Everyone is gonna have problems with diff area's though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us