Jl vs alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Miriamrowland

Ft. drum, New york Us

Post Number: 20
whats better a jl w7 or alpine type x?????

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 257
both are good but the w7 is just not in the same league in my mind...the type x gets loud.......sounds decent doing it aswell.....but the w7 is just one of those things that you can't compair it to.....to compair a W7 you need to thing RE XXX, Idmax or Eclipse

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 727
thats like comparing a pacer to an escalade lol.....nah its not that bad just always felt like making that comparision :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1983
this is pretty funny to me. alpine has had a glossy 6month install car at ces for the past few years. jl enters their chief engineer's stock subaru with stealth install. right off the bat, the two companies are unintentional rivals in the field. impractical, glossy show car vs clean and respectable daily driver.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1986
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=191
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/DailyDriver_2006.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 281
i like that w7 13
for some reason it sounds like a 15

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 517
b/c it was designed to sound like a 15 w/ exceptional SQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 15
I got a 12w7 and it is great, JL Audio should stick with making sub and amp as for Alpine they should stick with making Headunit.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 740
what amp ya got johnny ?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5414
"I got a 12w7 and it is great, JL Audio should stick with making sub and amp as for Alpine they should stick with making Headunit."

JLs components are great, too. Don't know why they should stick with just subs and amps, you should go listen to the ZRs. Really nice set.

Alpine, I agree with you. Only speakers of theirs worth having are the Type-X and the F#1 Status speakers, but Genesis Audios version of the Revelators are much better.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5416
"this is pretty funny to me. alpine has had a glossy 6month install car at ces for the past few years. jl enters their chief engineer's stock subaru with stealth install. right off the bat, the two companies are unintentional rivals in the field. impractical, glossy show car vs clean and respectable daily driver"

I'll take clean, respectable daily driver personally. I get tired of seeing all this bling bling uber-riced crap, fiberglass is only good when used in moderation
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us