HELP!!!! I HAVE 2 10's 1000watts each, WHAT TYPE OF AMP DO I GET?

Username: Jessamya92

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 1
I have only hooked up an amp and subs one time and that was like 3 yrs ago and it was less wattage. Now I am working on my car, and I have 2 10in 1000watt subs and I dont know what type of amp I should go with. I LIKE IT LOUD AND I LIKE IT TO BUMP! I refuse to pay for someone else to install it because I am cheap! LOL There are so many different types out there, bridgeable, and 2 channel and 4 channel what do I do? Im pretty sure I should go with something at least 1000watts right? PLEASE HELP! All help is greatly appreciated, and do you think I should just have it installed at some car audio place? THANKS!

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 814
i little more info is needed..
what type of subs are they? what voice coil config are they? dual 2 ohm voice coils or dual 4 ohm then we can figure which amps will work.. you will want a d class mono amp for subs

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 384
^^^ Same thing he said plus are they 1000rms or 1000 watts max?.. only go by the RMS so please let us know what there RMS is ?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 130
hes a noob and probaly dosnt no what rms means i'm still a noob but ive learned alot about subs and amps from this forum

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 589
for starters, she's a girl......Secondly, she may know more than you think, considering that she do have SOME knowledge of it where she done it 3 years ago. She also said she had Magnum subs, not sure what they are.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 974
Pittsburgh is like a 40 minute drive or so from Wellsburg, WV.

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 2
OK, I really like tha lil discussion you guys have had, CUTE:-) But n-e-ways.... THEY ARENT MAGNUM's THEY ARE --MAGNA AUDIO-- MG-1910 1000watts's EACH.

~*~*~*~HERE ARE THE SPECS~*~*~*~
Aluminum Cone
Double Magnet
120 OZ Magnet Structure
Double Layer Alum. 2.5" Voice Coil
Impedance: 4Ohms
Sensitivity: 92DB

***Well I hope that helps, hope to hear more:-)

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 994
Is there an RMS wattage output rating. Or is the 1000W the RMS rating? That's what's most important here in picking out an amp.

However, going on the fact they are 1000W MAX, we'll say they are 500W RMS each. This means you'll need an amp capable of 1000W RMS, mono preferably. But before we suggest any, we need your budget.

Do you by chance have a MySpace?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4856
can't find that exact model on google but the few answers i saw it looks like they are house audio subs

taking a silly guess based on magnet weight i would think that they should be either 400/500wrms

how many connection terminals are on that sub ?

anyhow MONO amps are best 4 subs .........

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 3
Ok, listen guys, wait, *.RoViN.* they arent house audio subs, they are for an automobile. Also, it says on the box MOBILE ELECTRONICS.... maybe thats the brand I dont know. But I dont know the rms, it doesnt say anywhere, THERE ARE TWO TERMINALS ON EACH SUB. A friend of mine, is trying to sell me this 1000watt amp and he said it was a 2 or 4 channel or something. SO..... i dont know i think i will try it. But i am very appreciative of all this help from you all! Anything else please keep postin!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4932
its very difficult 2 suggest anything without a model no. usually on a sticker @ the back of the sub
Usually most car subs nowadays rated @ "1000 watts" is really 400wrms or less ! .
Can u get a meter & check what ohm they are ?
Also if u take a pic with a digital cam then we all can get am idea .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us