Another jl question

Username: Pusha

Post Number: 7
Which is a better choice sorry if its a dumb question , "2 12w3v2 with a 500/1 jl amp" or "1 12w6v2 with a 500/1 jl amp and later in the year add another 12w6v2 sub with another 500/1 jl amp.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4537
it all depends on what you are trying to achieve. SPL,SQ,SQL< how much space you have, do you want to upgrade your electrical system?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 145
The 12w3v2s are great subs and that 500/1 is an awesome amp but if i was u i would get the 12w6v2 and then wait and get another one. when u get it it will be worth it in the long run. but dont forget u might want to get a new alternator if u have 2 JL 500/1s. especially if u have another amp for ur speakers.

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 146
sry james when i posted ur wasnt there yet. and like u said space and sound type are both factors too. although both of those JL models get pretty loud and have great sq too.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4542
yup your right but IMO the w6v2 is a pathetic trooper sealed, so if he has the room to go ported I would go with the w6's.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5400
"1 12w6v2 with a 500/1 jl amp and later in the year add another 12w6v2 sub with another 500/1 jl amp. "

That one.

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 147
thats what i have heard.. but i just cant believe that the word JL Audio subwoofer and pathetic can be used in the same sentence lol. would there happen to be a main reason that u know of that would make it perform so sorely in a sealed box? by the way not tryin to thread jack just wonderin

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5401
It does great sealed, it just may not be loud enough for a basshead. It's definately louder than average sealed, but the W6v2 is all about SQ.

Post Number: 8
I want something that hits but Im not one of those people who would want to wake up the neighborhood. All my friends tell me to get L7 kickers but I want subs that have sound quality and spl which is why I want jls. My trunk is pretty big I guess I have a 05 corolla. Why would I need a new alternator like Wynne said sorry I have no clue about these things? What does James mean by upgrade my eletrical system? Whats the difference with ported and sealed? Thanks for your oppinions and I appreciate all your responses.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1000
if your going to add one go with the w6

Post Number: 9
should I just wait untill I have enough money for two 12w6v2s and a 1001/1 amp or get the 1 12w6v2 and 500/1 amp now and the other later.

Post Number: 10
Any more suggestions would help

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 16
Just save enough money for one JL 12w7 and a JL 1000/1. you would be happy, dun really have to run 2 amp or 2 subwoofer. I use to got 2 JL 12w6v2 and then i upgrade to a Singel W7. But 2 w6v2 is louder then 1 w7. the questtion is what do you like
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us