Kicker comp C12

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 79
I bought a kicker comp C12 tonight for $40 canadian...I bought it second hand but by the looks of it its never been used...Is it worth keeping it and buying another kicker comp c12 off of ebay? Or should I get rid of it and buy something better. Do the subs pound pretty good or are they the bottom of the line. Don't know much about quality of kicker...but compared to jensen, kickers a step up...

Also, why are the negative and postive on opposite sides of the sub. I thought i was a DVC for a second before i looked at it closely. All the other SCV subs i've seen had the + and - both on the same side...

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1051
yea that coil design is jsut how they make their subs. the kicker comps are some of my favorite subs. they arn't expensive and they give a pretty good bang for the buck. if i was you i'd get another one and put them in a ported box tuned to 32 hz. that will sound good. you'll only need 300 watts for the pair as well

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1055
there ok subs i have 2 12's and a kicker kx200.2 and it sounds ok, and gets fairly loud, i hit 127 on dash with them in a ported box tuned in the mid 30hz range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
thats awsome! i'll get another one on ebay. Ther only thing is...its an older sub and i wont be able to find another new one with the same design on the front...but who cares. So 40 bucks was a pretty good buy?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
also...did u build ur ported box with 2.0^3 ft. of air space?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4218
georgina my cousin has the one you have hes going to sell it you intrested?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4219
we hit between 127 to 129 db with one in a ported box on a 200 rms amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 4220
well sell it to you 40.00 bucks shipped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
where are u located?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4221
get on aim my screenname is sean50077

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1056
well my box is pre-fab so its a pos, but it severes the purpose for now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4227
yeah ours is ported high like 39 hz but thats because the box was cut down to fit in my cousins car from 4 cf to 3.60 cf and he didnt want to redo the ports ...i wish hed let me redo the ports to tune it lower....i mean it does sound good enough but I know it could be better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us