Lincoln Ls

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 112
anyone have one? i was wondering what you did for your amp power since they dont make a ho alt for our models? ive been told batcap...any more options?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 566
i had an LS for my second car... that thing had some balls man, im guessing since they don't have an HO alt, maybe a capasitor and a new batary and cap would probably wodk

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1582
dont get a capasitor... the batcap 800s work very well. however what kind of power are you tlaking about? dont think u can run a 2000w setup on a stock alternator with a batcap... how many watts do you plan on running and what is your stock alternator? without knowing id say get a batcap800 and a optima yellowtop. but if your not running much power then maybe just a batcap800 or if ur talking about a ton of power, then redesign your system lol

but i cant belive they dont make one for your car. not even excessive amperage?

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
yea... the stock alt on the 2k2 LS was very nice, held up my buddys system pretty well, he was running 1800 watts

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
i have a '05, talked to nate from excessive amperage and there is a way that lincoln builds it that there is no way to remake it. lincoln is hte only one that can make them. the stock alt is 140 amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
running a kicker kx1200.1 and maybe a 4 channel in the future. only thing is i have all the other electrical things going on, heated and cooled seats, sunroof, hid's take up alot of amps... awesome car btw if you wanna get a new car. i picked up a brand new one fully loaded left over 41000 msrp for 22 000

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
yea i had one, midnight black... 18's... omg that car was origasmic... i loved that car, WAY better than my Lexus thats for dam sure. the heated and cooled seats, should only take power away if you use them, the sunroof only takes away when opening or closing. hid's idk what that is

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
i got the 20's... couldnt get myself to get 18's... hid= high intensity discharge its a type of headlight

Silver Member

Post Number: 575
oh i bet they do. are they the zenon type of lights... if so... those are so SICK OMG...

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
ya they are the bright ones... make sure the ladies see me before they can't see anything but there reflection in the chrome

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
HAHAHHAHAHAHA what kind of system do you have in it? and do you put the center part down in the back seat? if you do got a system to you turn the bass up so loud the girls vibrate so you don't even have to touch them hehe lol

Bronze Member
Username: Singhsane

Scarborough, Toronto Canada

Post Number: 57
Matthew no HO alt. only for 05 LS or does that go for all LS models??? im planning to get a 00' - 03' LS...might have to reconsider if theres no HO alt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
there is no ho alt for any of the ls's... unless you have the manual. it works fine for right now i have a kicker 1200.1 and 2 12" se's and i dont have any problems so far,,, im thinking of adding another 4 channel and replacing the speakers but i have the 12 speaker system so it could be a hassle. ya i do put hte back down and tun the bass up... S. Singh, get the ls man, if you love the ladies they cant stay away from you in this ride TRUST ME... put some chrome under the ride and you're unstoppable in the club.

Bronze Member
Username: Singhsane

Scarborough, Toronto Canada

Post Number: 58
haha ya matthew i agree with u completely...only problem is i have 2 12' SX's, and i dunno how long the alt. would go with those :/....by "unless you have the manual" do you mean transmission type?

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
ya nate from excessive amps can make one for hte standard transmission, manual transmission, he said that he could make an alt for the automatic but only if it is the same as the manual transmission, he didnt know if they were the same. i think you can call lincoln and they will tell you it has something to do with the wires that you wind to make the power in the alt. If you cna find out what the dimentions are then nate can build it... if you talk to him he could gie you a btter idea then i can. You can contact him through emanil or you can get at him on aim at "excessive amps" thats his sn but not quotes... let me know if you talk to him and lincoln because if you can get an ho alt i'll do the smae thing you do... on cardomain there is a guy that is running a directed 4 channel amp and a mono block off the stock alt and he said theat he isnt having problems... i dont know if he bumps them tho. he has two memphis subs i'm sure between the two of us we could come up with something to get a ho alt. send me your email and i can give you an email about stuff i find out and maybe we can get an ho alt for the ls.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us