Need suggestions on speaker upgrade

Theresa
Unregistered guest
I'm just starting to purchase and upgrade my system piece by piece. I wanted to know what is a good brand of speakers that will go well with a pioneer deh7700-mp HU, 2 infinity reference 1240w 12" subs. I haven't purchase an amp yet so if you have any advice on that, that will be great as well too. Also do you think a component set will sound better with my subs or just regular speakers. Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5164
State your upgrade budget. Components are better upgrade.

Theresa
Unregistered guest
$400 for speakers and $300 for amp also, will i need two seperate amps for the speakers and the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 980
what kind of car, and you will need 2 amps for a better sound, a 4 channel and a 2channel or mono or a 5 channel to run whole system.

Theresa
Unregistered guest
I have a 2003 honda civic and it takes 6 1/2 speakers but only certain 6 1/2 speakers fits in my rear do anyone know why?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1956
"I have a 2003 honda civic and it takes 6 1/2 speakers but only certain 6 1/2 speakers fits in my rear do anyone know why?"

it's likely (generally) a matter of depth/clearence. this is typically without modification. with the right install, you can make many things fit that otherwise would not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 987
well, it could be it needs a shallow mount because inside there maybe a plastic cup. that can be modified.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5166
Theresa, it's the depth. On Honda Civics, they only have around 2.1" of clearance. Infinity 6000CS should fit your car perfectly.
As for your amps, get 2, one for the sub, and components.
If you care more about bass, then get the sub and sub amp first, if not, get components and component amp.
JBL/MTX/Audiobahn A8002T/Orion/PPI should be within your budget.

Theresa
Unregistered guest
ok so what good sounding speakers or components you suggest i get with what i listed in the first post?

Silver Member

Post Number: 991
the kappa series 6.5 3 ways,(63.7i) $230 for both pairs, a reference series 7541 for 200 and a reference 611a mono block for 225. The kappas are 2ohm so the 4channel will run at perfect load for amp, and youll send around rms to the subs. All for 625 delivered to your door from ebay.

Theresa
Unregistered guest
Thanx for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us