Jl audio or eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: The_great

Post Number: 24
what will be better 2 10inc eclipse titanium or 2 10inch jl audio w6v2 for a f150 single cap iam looking for sql and what amp should i get

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5383
SQ of the W6v2 is better IMO, and they work better in sealed boxes

SPL of the Ti will be higher, and they do sound very nice. They really need a ported box to open them up, though, and that's going to be hard to squeeze in your truck.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4142
I would go Ti, because although the w6v2 sounds better, it might not be loud enough 4 u

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5388
In sealed boxes, they're going to be on pretty equal terms. Ti might be marginally louder, but not enough to justify it SQ wise, IMO. And a Ti is going to need a healthy size box to perform best

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5389
An ID Max would be a good option, too.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4143
maybe even a cmp (since not many people have them)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
they told me id max suck any advise i want 2 wake up the people next door i want good sql and an amazing sound NO SPL (I WANT SQL)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4144
who is they??

Every sub we have mentioned so far are sql subs, if u want to wake people up next door u want SPL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
no i want sql my friend has 2 10inch w6v2 on a yukon and he wakes me up all da time and iam not shure if that will sound nice on my truck dont have a lot of space i think

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5391
"they told me id max suck any advise i want 2 wake up the people next door i want good sql and an amazing sound NO SPL (I WANT SQL)"

"They" couldn't be any more wrong. ID Max is slightly above W6v2 in output capability, and equal in SQ. Very capable subwoofers. Anybody that didn't get good results in that area are just too stupid to install/use them correctly.

SQL is nothing but sounding good when it's loud. Same thing as SPL, just that it doesn't sound like crap doing it. SQL and SQ aren't the same thing. You ALWAYS sacrifice some SQ with SQL woofers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us