Quick question

Anonymous

im going to be running an amp that has 4 30 amp fuses , birth sheet says 1000 watts rms at 1.3 ohms and its stable down to 1 ohm but i was wondering, to be safe and have a lil headroom how big of an alternator should i get.

Anonymous

bump

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 251
What amp is that?
What car do you have?

If that's the only amp you have 100A alt should get it done.

It may be capable of 1000w with test tones, but to play music at full volume it's only going to need 40A tops.

I would say 120A would cover it completely. Much bigger than that and you'd be spending money just for the sake of spending.

Anonymous

im saying this becasue my alt is not keeping up at all i have a 97 alt and the lights almost dimm to completly off when the bass notes hit and thats when im driving in the 2 to 2.5 rpms, when im at idle and the bass hits, my lights dimm and my rpms go way down . almost to where it kills my car, and optidriven you should be familiar with the amp its the vibe 1800d by lanzar, and my car is a 97 saturn sc coupe, thanks for the help, i only have like 150 saved up for a ho alt, can i get one for this much or what should i do, any help is greatly appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us