JL Audio XR Series

CompSpeakers
Unregistered guest
So I've been looking into getting some components for my ride. A local authorized dealer quoted me $435 for JL Audio XR 6.5 inch components (front only, installation charges not included). Not sure if it was XR650-CSi or XR650-CXi or XR653-CS. My questions are ... Is that a good deal or am I getting ripped off? Are there any other speakers in that price range which are better than the XRs? My budget is $500 (preferrably installed). Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1542
well i dont know a large amount of speakers but for 435 you better know if ur getting the csi cxi or 653cs. the csi is a comp sewt the cxi is a coaxial and the 653cs is the best which is a 3way comp set. i was looking at the best (653) and jonathan refered me to dls speakers. you can look at them on www.mobilesq.com

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 255
i can already tell you if it was an authorized JL dealer it is the Components aka the CSi. the CXi are cheaper....while the CSi are more expensive due to it haveing an external tweeter. both will sound good! personally i run the CXi's for my rears and the CSi's for my fronts! but yes their is cheaper out there for less.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5375
Even so, authorized JL dealers sell the 2 ways in the 300s. If it's that much, it had better be the XR653_CS.

CompSpeakers
Unregistered guest
The dealer mentioned that its a 6.5" component set. After reading JL's site more carefully it looks like only the XR653_CS fits that description of out the 3. I will double check with the dealer again.

Looking at www.mobilesq.com, it seems like the DLS Ultimate UP35 & UP36 would be in my price range. My only concern is, if I get it from mobilesq, would I still have the manufacturers warranty? I would like to have the warranty just incase the speakers malfunction.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5379
"My only concern is, if I get it from mobilesq, would I still have the manufacturers warranty?"

Yes, mobilesq is a legit retailer, they're authorized.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us