Problems getting RE 12.1

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 139
Can anyone give me a dealer number who may have two RE 12.1s in stock. I need to order two as soon as possible and RE does not have any in stock and won't until the 26th, if then. They won't give me any dealer numbers so I'm kinda stuck waiting for the 26th. I tempted to go off and buy a different brand of amp because the date keeps getting pushed for the 12.1s.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 549
thats' stupid.........RE is out of them, lol. Did you try googleing it?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 482
there are a lot of good amps around $400 that will push 1200w at 1ohm

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 140
I needed two. I can get a pair of Vega EXL-1000Ds for $875 with a full warranty with replacement if anything happens to them. That is direct from the shop I'm dealing with down here. All I know is I've got a TCB Audio Comp the 29th of this month and I need to find some amps asap. RE had 20 amps Friday but were sold to a dealer. Now I'm stuck here trying to find a good alternative for a similar price. I wanted to run 1200RMS to each so how much difference would it be compared to 1000RMS to each?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 484
a lot of people on this forum dont like them, but check out the ED NINE.1

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 141
Anybody ever used the ED Nine.1? If those 4 fuses on there are 30A which I believe they are that it should very well put out that 1200RMS (30x4x100=1200). Only reason I considered the Vegas were because I could get them and install the same day. As long as I meet my deadline for the 29th it does not matter I suppose. Also on that ED Nine.1, how low does the subsonic filter go on it? I'm very well considering two of these amps unless someone else can think of a better one for around the same price. I'm willing to spend up to 1000-1200 on two amps. If I wait for the 26th I can get two RE 12.s for $780.00 shipped.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 142
Anyone? Need to get this done asap so odds are I can't wait for the RE 12.1s unless someone can give me a dealer number or knows elsewhere to get them. I'm open to any other amps that would push two RESX15s. Going in a 7.0^3ft box ported and tuned to 28hz.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4607
JBL 1200.1

4 around $350

thats what that guy marshall white uses on his 1 15" & does 140+ dbs off it .......

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 143
Think the JBL is a better choice than the ED NINe.1? What about Directed? I honestly do not care what amps I use as long as they push the subs to spec and not sound muddy.. would be nice if the subsonic filter went down to 25hz as well.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 420
on the JBL 1200.1 the freq. responce is 10hz-320hz. Nice thing about the JBL BP series amps is that they are stable at 2 and 1 ohm, holding the same amount of power. I have a JBL BP600.1 and it does all that + more. Easily puts out the rated power. I have heard great things about the ED nine.1 as well.. I think any of the amps you listed will put out their rated power and run your SX's well. Look for best pricing and who will ship out ASAP. GL in your comp

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 144
Anyone ever use a Directed Audio 1500D? I've seen those pretty cheap and they are suppose to push 1100RMS @ 1ohm. That is actually one of the amps RE recommended to me but I'd still like imput.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruxpin20

DeTroiT, MIchiGan

Post Number: 43
get the JBL bp1200.1, i have had that amp for about 3 years and i love it, it puts out around 1300 watts at 1 or 2 ohms and you just cant beat the price, the amp dosent have a subsonic filter though.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4107
Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200 watts rms @ 1-4 ohms

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 145
I was just reading the specs on the Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200, looks impressive especially for the price. So so far its either the..

ED NINe.1
JBL 1200.1
PG Xenon 1200

or... wait for the RE 12.1s :-(

I'm evening considering ..

Viper d2500.1
Orion 2500.1
Diamond Audio d51200.1
Viper d1200.1

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2798
Also you guys should look into the CrossFire VR1000D amp. Very Underated amp for around $350-$450 price range

I have had mine for about 6 months now and its a great amp that is rated to put out 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm tested at 12.5 volts and around 1332 x 1 @ 1 ohm tested at higher voltage like 14.4

I got mine from www.woofersetc.com

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1046
you could also consider the kicker sx amps, they are very nice but kinda exspensive.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 311
I vouch for the Viper d2500.1 - My dmm Read 0ver 2700 wrms with the gain about 80% up @ 2ohms... And it was CLEAN. I have it pushin' my 15" ava at about 1100 rms @ 4ohm now. (As of tomorrow I believe my ava is SOLD...)(thinkin' 'bout maybe... 4 15"s and another d2500.1??? MUAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 146
Or sell me your d2500.1 and start over :P. The reason I left the kicker amps out is because they are not as clean as I'd like. The put out the power no doubt. There are tons of good amp selections so I guess I'm going to have to limit the list. First off what would you recommend to run the two RESX15s.. 1000RMS or 1200RMS.. How much difference will you gain with 400RMS over the total?

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 312
Everyone knows the Sxs Love the 1250 wrms over their underrated 1000 wrms rating...

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 147
I'm seriously thinking about getting either two PG Xenon 1200s or a JBL BP2200.1. I'm leaning more towards the PG but I'm still open to any other choices. Going to spring for a 250A alt and probably two seperate batteries for the audio system.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 148
So.. any better amp for the price of two PB Xenon 1200s.. they look great on paper and PG has decent equipment and this being on the high end of their line. Think I'm going to order a pair unless someone can give me good reason no to?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4213
let me know how they are phoenix golds been slackin latley i heard

Gold Member

Post Number: 4214
i considered them up against jl but I still like jl amps better more adjustability

Gold Member

Post Number: 4215
for your batteries do the batcaps heard excellent things about them plus they are small

Gold Member

Post Number: 4216
but my goals are less power oriented so jl amps are an easier choice for me...a 500/1 would do the job for me im done with massive watts

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 151
Hmm.. I've always heard good things about the PG amps but I've never used them. I wish I could get two RE 12.1s but nope, sold out. Anyone else hear anything bad about the PG Xenons?

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 153
^bump^ .. ordering tomorrow. any downfalls? better amps for the price? Also going to get an amp for the components so I'm thinking about the PG Xenon 200.4 to keep it all the same. It will be running a pair of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s and teo RE8s.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 155
Found the Xenon 1200.1s for $337 from: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/
anyone ever order from them or know a better place to order them from besides ebay?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4222
Do that^^ even on ebay i dont think there that cheap and there C.E.A-2006 Compliant so they will put out, plus the versitlity makes it a great amp

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 156
Alright.. so its settled.. two PG Xenon 1200.1s .. but yet I can't find the PG Xenon 200.4 cheaper. Might just put off the component install and the component amp and just do the HU, wiring, subs/amps h/o alt, and an extra battery or two. Depends on how much money I have heh. Just trying to meet the 29th deadline, gotta have my truck done for the TBP Comp. Btw, the audio shop is pretty confident we will see high 150s and possibly get into lower 160 dB range. I'm not so sure about it so if it does it, w00t lol. Box is nearly done, 7^3ft, ports tuned to 28hz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4229
Im not saying I know that phoenix gold xenon is bad Im just saying I heard their stuff has been less quality than in previous years but please do let me know whay you think of those amps i may have reconsidered to go with them myself they are half the price of jl 500/1 and have all the features except dial in center frequency ( I like being able to choose any frequency) along with adjustable subsonic to 60 hz and the power output being the same at 1 to 4 ohms it makes it nice only other thing i see missing is the rms power being guarunteed down to 11 volts which i doubt phoenix gold promise like jl can

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 323
I can't believe RE is out of stock on 12.1's. How can the manufacturer be out of its product, I know its a small company, but its just weird. When i called to order my SX15 and 12.1 they had them both in stock and i got them within a week.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 157
They sold 500 RE 12.1s before Christmas and they ran out of parts to make them. They are waiting on the parts which come in the 20th ths month.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us