Last resort

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 550
ok guys, i got my system all hooked up thanks to ROVIN and my box is taking up like 90% of my trunk... i got impacient with it and started cutting the box crooked. but my friend is going to make me a new one. i have 2 audibahn aw1206's 12" and A2200hct 1600RMS amp. this amp is 23 inches long... should i mount it on my box because its a last resort, or should i try and find a place by moving the box around... i'll get pictures up when i get home and take some, but yea... mount on box or find a different spot...

PLEASE tell me sugestions

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5148
Do not mount it on the sub box.
You will not only make it easy for someone to steal, it will also damage the components on the amp over time.
Mount it on the back seat or under the spare tire compartment. Whatever you do, find space for it.
If however, you listen to music very low, around 100w rms, then it's fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
no each sub is saposed to be gettin 800 rms. the amp is too big for it to go with the spare tire. i'll try and see what i can do... you guys need to see my trunk, its crazy how much space is left..

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1522
I know this might sound crazy but think you can mount it upside down on the trunk lid lol, thats the only other thing i can think of. If you have to put it on the sub enclosure you could use foam or something to decrease vibrations.

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
on the lid... sounds good, i'll check that when i can. i don't think the lining around the lid could hold the amp, its a pretty heavy one.. but the bults in the lid are pretty solid. like get a piece of wood up there and screw it to the wood. i'll look into it. the box that my friend will build WILL be smaller... so i'll check to see how much room after that and where to mount the amp, thanks MIke

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5150
Do not mount the amp upside down, nor on the lid. It is not good for power wires to be flexed constantly/whenever you open it.
Not only that, it could get exposed to rain/snow and rust/short out the power connectors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us