Audiobahn AVM372DVD FM Modulator Issue

Username: Dlboy

Mableton, GA USA

Post Number: 2
I recently had this overhead DVD unit installed in my 2003 Saturn Vue. The player works great but the FM Modulator has a "TON" of engine noise. I checked the ground and even tried a different one (ground), but the extra white noise is still there.

Is it possible to wire the RCA outputs of the unit directly to my speaker wires for sound, if so how?

What other options do I have, besides buying a new radio with AUX. My current radio is stock and does not appear to have any AUX.

Thanks for your advice!

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 951
is that a seperate modulator, try unhooking the ground, it may be creating a ground loop with the rcas, if not try ground loop isolator.

Mableton, GA USA

Post Number: 3
The modulator is listed as Wireless. I do know that the modulator plugs into the unit on the ceiling (I think with RCAs), then it runs down through the door panel and the modulator sits up under the steering wheel. From there it is grounded near the door panel and power is spliced into power at the radio head.

Where would the ground loop isolator be located and what does it do?

Thanks...just trying to make sure what I do is the right thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
did you have that professionally installed, if so take it back to them and make them fix it. it is a shops responsibity to make sure it was working before you left.

Mableton, GA USA

Post Number: 4
Could they just tell me it's a crappy modulator? What if they try to tell me the problem is my issue? I will give them a call and see what they say, but I'm expecting they will want to do something expeensive to fix it. Was trying research and repair on my own for cheap.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1014
If it is a rep shop they will take care of it, especially if it recently installed...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us