Kenwood KDC-X789, can't get out of Demo Mode

Username: Rrefx

Pleasant Grove, Utah

Post Number: 1
About 6 months ago I bought this head unit, and have never been able to get the stupid thing out of Demo Mode. I've read the instructions, I've held the right side knob down untill it displays "Demo Mode Off" but then when it clears the thing is still in Demo Mode. Anyone know how to do this?
Ryan

Username: Spkr589

Post Number: 1
Hey Ryan,
I have the x589 excelon model the same thing happened to me for just a couple of days though. What I did was when it was in the off mode push the right side botton in instead of holding it down position for a few seconds or so and it worked for me. Good luck!! OBTW that is a awsome head unit u have, my is basiclly the same just without the graphics and I love mine :-)

Pleasant Grove, Utah

Post Number: 2
Thanks Mark,
I'll try that. It is a great head unit for sound quality, but a little confusing to work. I switched to it from my pioneer for the Ipod interface, so far love it, but sure get confused trying to learn how to work it.

Pleasant Grove, Utah

Post Number: 4
Still no luck, and Kenwood isn't replying to my e mail. Anyone have any other thoughts, or is it just a srewy head unit? I also lost signal to my subs, the amp has power, all lines seem to be fine, tried adjusting them on the head unit, and can't seem to get the sub controles up? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

Unregistered guest
I had this problem last night. What you do is hit the menu button. Then on the am/fm/cd control knob you press it up or in(i cant remember). You have to do this all in standby mode. But you scroll up and their should be a "Demo-ON" then push the am/fm tuner in or to the side like you are changing the channel. It will say then "Demo-Off". Anyone know how to get the ATT light to go off? I cant hear anything!!!! i have pushed it in and nothing happens. I am about to call kenwood.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us