System Setup w/ rear fill problem

Username: Azngotskills

Sugar Land, TX USA

Post Number: 1
Ok...I know there arent many people who favor rear fill, but when I was in my 2000 celica i faded the music to the front and didnt like any sound coming from the back. I kind of like the surround sound feel b/c the rest of the car just feels empty. I know that no rear fill is optimal for a good sound stage, but it seems to me something is missing from behind. Ok this is what I was thinking:

HU: Eclipse 8454 (own)
Front: DLS UR6S (ordering)
Rear: DLS 226 coaxial or just midbass (thinking)
Sub: none (future)
Amps: Arc Audio KAR series (depending on setup)

I was wondering if anybody can give me some input on what i have put together regarding the rear fill and the amp selection? Also, i have seen many people run rear fill off the HU. I was wondering if underpowering those speakers would damage them? Any other comments are more than welcome and thanks for all the time put in.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
if it were me and since you're not getting any subs right now, i'd go with a front stage as it is and on the rears just get midbass speakers like Tang Band 6.5s or 5.25. What ppl don't do with rear fill is balance it in with the rest of the setup. The rears should not overpower the front. Either you can adjust the gains correctly or you can get gain level remotes like HT has, and i think CDT still carries full range LP-2 remotes, to help adjust the level of the rears to match the fronts.

Sugar Land, TX USA

Post Number: 2
I understand what you are saying but, those midbass speakers have and impedence of 8 ohms. Is it going to be a problem to run them off the HU, and by doing this I would also match RMS ratings. Could I just using the HU to fade the sound to balance out with the front?

Sugar Land, TX USA

Post Number: 3
Could someone please give input on the fading using the HU as the power???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us