Anyone have an RE 12.1 amp??how many +'s and -'s??

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 602
....doe it only have one negative and one positive...for speakers...or 2 of each??

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
....doe it only have one negative and one positive...for speakers...or 2 of each??

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 477
why does it matter? if there are two they are internally wired in parallel

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
im just curious..bc i wanna know how im going to have to wire my subs...but now i just realized..i can just run one wire to each and leave one neg. and one pos. un-used..right?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 478
do you have 2 subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
well one sub is going to be on each amp...so one sub to one amp..lets say i wanna run it at one ohm...and my sub is 2 ohms dvc...and there are 2 neg's and 2 pos's ...should i just wire it down to 1 ohm and just use one neg. and one pos.

or should i just wire each neg. to each neg. and each pos. to each pos. and then it will be internaly cut down to 1 ohm??

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
well one sub is going to be on each amp...so one sub to one amp..lets say i wanna run it at one ohm...and my sub is 2 ohms dvc...and there are 2 neg's and 2 pos's(on the amp) ...should i just wire the sub down to 1 ohm and just use one neg. and one pos. on the amp

or should i just wire each neg. to each neg. and each pos. to each pos. (since there are 2 of each) (on the amp) and then it will be internaly cut down to 1 ohm??

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 479
yup... you can do that and use "jumpers" to wire the VCs in parallel.

OR wire each output on the amp to a voice coil on the sub.

either way, it will be the same outcome

the only reason they put two outputs on an amp is to make wiring easier when powering multiple subs with a single amp

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 480
and that was only about mono amps. obviously mult. channel amps have more than one ouput

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
yea...alright thanks a bunch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us