Glasswolf, jonathan, issac, or james longo

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1752
i have 2000wrms for subs and 450wrms for my speakers. also it seems like the most i can have for a ho alt is 200a. do i need another yellow top battery.

also can you explain to me why some people have a few batteries in their car even though they have a ho alt? assuming you have a pretty powerful ho alt, what do you benefit from having an extra battery?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5139
You really don't need 2nd battery at all. One is just fine.
However, if you listen to stereo loud very often, then 2nd battery (yellowtop deepcycle) along with Isolator, will help with the drain on your starter battery.
I have 2 in my car, for the above reason.
Some people have 2 or more batteries instead of HO alternator.
The thing you have to remember is, batteries do not produce power, they store and release. Alternators produce power. When you want/need high power system, no battery will replace HO alternator.
I've covered this topic before in accessories. It listed the cost difference between owning multiple batteries over one HO alternator.
They ended up being practially the same.
So don't let someone tell you that it's "better/cheaper" to get a 2nd battery.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1759
thanks issac for the info. i am gonna get the ho alternator from nate but i think the biggest he can build for me is 200a. i was just thinking maybe that will not be enough. either way its better than having a stock alt which only produce 105a.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us