RE or Ascendant Components

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 176
I was wondering if you all thought I should get the re component set or wait for the new ascendant audio components (or if they're out now). $200 is right around where I want to spend for my front sound stage. I've heard good things about re components comparing to much higher priced sets but wasn't sure if I should wait for the new ascendants. It will be a week or two before I buy them but my front speakers are blown from the past owner. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 177
oh come on now...nobody has opinions on the RE components?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 284
i dunno whats up not many poeple have been responding to my questions either

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 851
i don't think anyone has heard them yet, the Ascendant Audio ones anyway. i haven't heard anything about the RE components either.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 880
yea, i've also noticed that opinions on the RE comps. are scarce. Someone is just going to have to take one for the team here and buy a set.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5453
I wasn't that impressed with them, honestly. Not a great SQ set. IMO you'd be better off finding some slightly used JL XRs, something like that.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
the REs are a killer in the midbass region, well the XXX ones, the regular RE weren't anything to remember. tweets weren't my favorite but may have been due to the hefty mids almost overpowering the rest. I'd buy the mids and then get some custom passives and Vifa tweets or CDT DRT-26 tweets. And no one has heard AE cause they haven't been out.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5462
With the XXX the only thing you can get is the midbass driver anyway. Of course you could combine it with the RE tweet, but that isn't a great combo. XXX mid is good for midbass, but has a lot of mechanical noise in low bass region and the midrange of the driver sucks. Adire Extremis is a better midwoofer than the XXX.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
also you can look into the Dayton Reference series woofers. Quite nice and getting lots of love.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4105
I have the RE's. Midbass on the RE line isn't what people said it was, but appearantly that's a good thing from what I've heard about the XXX line. They definitely sound good for the price. Can't beat them for less than $200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us