New Kappa Components

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 848
First of all I must say the 1 pair of 6.5" Kappa component speakers powered by a kicker 250.2 amp sounds AMAZING. Bright, clear, detailed, everything. BUT, I am getting a slight noise, almost like a constant static, although it isn't very loud playing over the speakers. You can only really notice it before a song starts and after a song ends. It is the same noise and volume on every single song and continues even when switching songs. Could this be a bad ground? That is a possibility as my ground now isn't OUTSTANDING. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: 225

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 44
most likely it is going to be your ground. but it could also be a slight whine from running your power and rca cables to close.

also which model kappas do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 849
regular kappas. Like not the reference and not the perfects but the ones smack dab in the middle. They are PERFECT sounding though :-). Anyway, I have a MESS of wires that I need to resolve as well as a poor ground problem. What wires can/can't be run side by side or what should/shouldn't be run side by side?

Silver Member

Post Number: 850
By the way, the whine increases as the volume increases. Really isn't incredibly noticable. But it is definately there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
bump

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 734
RCAs and power wires shouldn't be run next to each other. And file/grind down your ground point and make sure it's good.

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 45
How is the Midbass response on those speakers? I was considering picking up a pair and trying them out but everyone says the midbass is non-existant. Is that true?

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
I LOVE them. Everything blends together perfectly. Especially noticable in stuff like AC/DC. I have a Kicker 250.2 but how it is wired, the speakers are receiving right around 75rms apeice. The gain is set at about halfway (the HU preout volts are 2.2v) and the volume goes 0-59. I can get to 55 or so and it is screaming loud but I can't tell if it is distortion or rattleing. I might try increasing the gain just a hair as it is set a little low.

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 46
does the midbass sound good too?
are basslines noticeable?

Silver Member

Post Number: 853
midbass sounds good, if you plan on getting booming bass out of them you might want to steer away. I love them. I am trying right now to figure out their boundaries though. ONLY bad part about them is every little poor recording part of a song and you can immediately notice it. That is how detailed they are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us