Recommend Sub. DVC, 2ohm per coil, around 200W RMS

Username: Taosd

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have a Gen 2 Orion HCCA 225 amp with these specs:

RMS at 4 ohms:
2x 25 || 1x 50

The amp is currently running a Clarion SRW3041 at 4 ohms, and it is OK, but I am looking for a little more boom in my trunk (especially in the winter, where the sub hardly even pushes at any volume without around 40 minutes of warm up)

From the manual, I understand that the amp can run at a max of 0.5 ohms safely in stereo... so 1 ohm in mono...

I currently have a Clarion

What I want is a sub that will go nicely with this amp. The specs I am thinking is a Dual Voice Coil sub running at 2 Ohms per coil, wired in parallel, running a load of 1 ohm against the amplifier, creating 200 watts for the mono channel. I would like a sub that can handle this, while not being to over the top to be wasted (like a sub that can handle 500w RMS... since I can only run 200w RMS)

I am currently looking at the JL 12W3v2-D2 and the Alpine SWS-1222D.

hopefully you have some additional helpful suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 25
I'd go with the Alpine SWS-1222D little under the rms, but i think it would still hit pretty good, or you can try 2 Kicker CVR 12's dual 4 Ohms wired parallel and both mono for a 1 Ohm load, or a Diamond Audio DS10D2 down side is DA is only a 10..

Username: Taosd

Post Number: 2
I've heard that the Type-S alpine subs blow quite easily, or so I just found out from my cousin...

What about a Phoenix Gold Octane-ZR 12D2?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us