Help w/ last install!!

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 402
just bought a kicker kx150.2 and Infinity Kappa 50.7cs 5-1/4" components on ebay for 247$ total shipped =) now i have to ask about the install.. i drive a 90' Ford Ranger and on the crutchfield website it said these speakers would fit up front in the stock kick panels, since there is a tweeter am i going to have to cut into the door or anything to mount it? will i even be able to keep the stock grills that are connected to the door panel or will i have to cut that out?

also, since i am going to be running 2 amps, the kicker and my JBL fo my sub, do i need to purchase another wiring kit and would it be the same 4 guage size as i have now?

will i have 2 power wires going to my battery, plug the RCAs into the proper place on the HU and then have the remote splicing into the other remote that is already going from the JBL into the HU?

what is the deal with the crossovers? where do i mount them and what do they do exactly...do they just go under my door panel at about the middle of the door?

any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated. this stuff should be here next week so i need to get it straightened out before then. thanks!!

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 406
bump^

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 413
ok i understand that i need a distribution block to run both amps, figured that out recently, but what size and kind? i am currently running 4g wire to my JBL 600.1 amp..would i need a d-block that goes from 1g to 2 4g? or 4g to 2 8g? Also, where abouts does the d-block go when connected to the power wire under the hood? and do i need two fuse holders or just 1 for both amps? i was looking on knukoncpetz for d-blocks and was hoping there was a 4g to 2 4g, seams like that would be the easiest..somebody please clear this up for me. thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4555
its too much to type so

wire guide
http://www.the12volt.com/wiring/recwirsz.asp

look @ install sections

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-oTXtfTGbR2H/learningcenter/car/

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 415
i have checked all that out Rovin, but that doesnt answer my question. i just dont know what kind of distribution block to get. i dont know if both power wires for my amp has to have its own fuse or if one is good for both. i dont know if i can just splice into my current power wire and run it to both amps..those websites just tell me the guage i should run in general, nothing about d-blocks..

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4589
add both wrms of both amps together then distance of wire will tell u what G of wire to buy - if ur wrms rec 4 ex a 2G wire then u buy a 2 splitting into 2x4 g dist block .

A distro block like i descibed above has 2 fuses - 1/amp . U should also buy a main fuse that will put installed nearest as possible to ur batt ,this is a 1st protection .
Also ur ground wires off both amp should be less than 3ft & thickness of ground wire should be = to the thickness of the power wire going into each amp ...
www.bcae1.com has ur answers too ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us