Mounting subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 13
what is the recommended amount of space between the hole in the middle of the magnet of the botttom of the sub and the beck of the subwoofer box? are there any problems with leaving less than an inch between the two?

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 193
no that doesnt matter at all, i think, as long as ur measurements are all added up to the recomemnder size, if im wrong im sure some 1 will correct me.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4551
that hole vents out heat created by the voice coils so yes u should leave @ least 2" .........

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4552
hmmm - thread no bump .......

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 14
the thing is i am trying to get a set of 12" Treo SSI dual 2ohm subs and the mounting depth for them is 6.5". but i have a single cab truck and the box i have for it only has 6.85" of available mounting depth. i dont neccesarily have to go with the troes but i want some spl and sq. anyone have any suggestions?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 199
cot a hole in the back of the box, then put a bigger peice to cover the hole but then on the inside there will be that much space... maybe i dont know?

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 15
yeah i was thinking about doing that but the box is made to the contour of the back wall of my cab, so that kind of cancels out that situation. but thanks for the input. anyone have any recommendations of a different sub that has some pretty good spl and sq that corresponds with the mounting depth of my box? i was thinking about a set of 12" polk audio mm2124 dvc subs.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 200
maybe cut the hole and put a really thin peice over it? or no peice at all and put rubber around the out side of the hole so it seals up against the cab wall, if its screwed to the floor and the cab wall tightly then it may work

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 22
i didnt plan on screwing it to the floor or the wall. is that recommended?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 211
no but its smart, if u get hit by another vehicle or sumthin while its playin it can really mess things up, ur box can slide or move and bang off or into sumthin and wreck a voice coile or sumthing. i have heard that happen alot.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 26
Try putting a spacer between the sub and the box to give a little extra room use some foam to seal it up.. lot easier than cuttin a hole in a nice box..

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4558
easiest thing to do is find a shallower sub .

check out image dynamics website .......

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney88

Http://www.freewebs.co..., Minnesota US

Post Number: 47
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/index.php
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us