RE SE's, will this work?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 895
Will they work well in a sealed box, or will I have to buy a ported?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1533
many ppl like them in a sealed box for SQ but i just installed my SE15 in a 2.165cuft sealed box (the one i had my avalanche in) and even though its slightly larger than the reccomended volume i still cant wait to put it in a ported box.... just my likings...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1534
but i think later today or tomorrow im going to stick something in the box to reduce the voluem to 2cuft as RE reccomends and take a listen. to be honest after having an avalanche the overall performance just doesnt cut it yet... i know install is almost everything though so im gong to reduce volume and listen to it...

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1521
not gonna hear a difference between 2.165 and 2.0

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 897
Ah I was just curious, as I'm looking at the SE's more seriously now. How would they sound if I only have 400W RMS to give each sub? I may upgrade my mono. amp someday, but until then I'm sticking with the A8000T.

The box I have my Volfs. in is the box I'll be using and they both have a similar mounting depth. I may find I need to upgrade to a larger box, but I'll give it a run first before I go spending money like that.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 401
Trevor, so you aren't liking the 15" SE? or are you just comparing it to your avalanche? i just bought a 15" SE as well and completed a sealed enclosure just slightly larger than 2.0 ft^3..(measurments were just slightly off). hooking it up mid next week sometime. it'll be getting 600watts and being compared to my 2 12" cerwin vega vmax's. and btw, i was looking to sell those subs for about 3 weeks and i finally made a deal with some guy from the bay. 180$ for both + he drove close to 2 hours to pick them up. i robbed the poor basterd..but his loss is my gain ey? i think i paid the same price as he did besides the extra $$ for shipping. =\ karmas gonna get me for that one

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 472
my SEs are VERY loud and sound excellent sealed. I have 2 12s with about 1.25 cubes each. I have 500-550w going to each one and they could take a lot more I think... but with 400 you'll be alright.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1535
well 2 12s with 550 each would be alot louder than 1 15 with 500. (im running off a 1000/1 but i used my dmm to set the gains to 500w for breakin..) i noticed i do like the performance of the SE as it gets louder though. when my other 3 come in and i get around to building the box ported 30hz 180 sq in of port... im sure i will be much more satisfied. however, if im not satisfied with the SQ or low end. i may switch to AAs new stuff. i hope thats not necessary and i dont think it will be.

baseball, you had an ava right? or did u have an SX? if you had an avalanche. dont you think the low end power and SQ just isnt matchable?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 473
yea I had an Ava then an SX... both 15s. now I have the SEs. The Avalanche was great down low... and I haven't heard anything that can match it. The SX was pretty good down low, but wasnt as loud or clean. The SEs however, do go pretty low and the upper extension is reallly good, (and clean). I was thinking about a couple assaults when they come out... but I really like the SEs. It all depends on how fast I get bored with them and how good the price is... :-)

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 474
i'm working on an excursion vid right now... the movement on the SE is insane. I'm not sure. I think 18mm is underrated? lol can they do that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us