Replacing old Clifford alarm with newer model

Username: Peter_l

Post Number: 1
My old ACE 7500 took a dump and need to replace it. I called DEI and they will replace my old 7500 with the Solaris; I was told that I will have to replace/rewire everything. I kind of find it hard to believe I would have to rewire everything to replace the alarm. Does anybody know for sure? I know where the box is at in my car but I did not do the install (Circuit City did and they no longer sell Clifford products). I have alot of goodies installed with my original alarm and probably could use the relays again... just windering if I really have to re-wire the alarm or if I can just use the wiring harnest (or connector) to the newer model. Anybody know for sure? Thanks!

Username: Sc3gte

Post Number: 1
i would also like to know this as well...i currently have an intelliguard 8000 installed and was also told that i would have to do a complete rewire to accomodate a newer style clifford alarm. it doesnt make any sense to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 42
yes, replace all wires. just because it is an upgrade doesnt mean every pin on the harness is the same. what if your door trigger pin is in the place of your siren pin. that could... cause a problem. but the good thing about having the same brand is every color should be the same on the upgrade as the original, so finding where circuit city got power, ground, triggers, lights, siren out, and all your other wires should be simple. just run it to the same location and solder correctly.

but yes, rewire it all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us