Pre-wired at 4 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 264
what does that mean?? does that change anything when u have to wire it a certain way??

here it is... http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-COMP-VR-DCVR12-12-DUAL-ENCLOSURE-NEW_W0QQitemZ5850875 543QQcategoryZ14945QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

because i need to wire the vc in series and the subs in parallel so would this change anything on how i need to wire it? or does it just mean that they are dual 4 ohm subs each

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 469
no, it means there is one terminal on the box powering both subs... the subs are wired where the final impedance is 4ohms. they are probably DVC 4ohm subs wired in series/parallel.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 265
oh. so if i have the audiobahn a8002t

800 watts x 1 x 4

and i want to get these subs and i would need to wire it in series/parallel, i wouldnt have to wire it at all since it is pre-wired??

how would u know it is series parallel wired already?

does that mean the speaker wire already comes with it?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 266
bump

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 268
?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 209
[b]"i wouldnt have to wire it at all since it is pre-wired?? "[/b]

You'd just bridge the amp by using the left (+) and right (-) straight to the terminal on the box - it's as straightforward as possible.

[b]"how would u know it is series parallel wired already?"[/b]
Because Comp VR's are only made as dvc2's or dvc4's, for a pair of them to be wired at 4 ohms they have to be series/parallel dvc4's

[b]"does that mean the speaker wire already comes with it?" [/b}
No, you still have to run a speaker wire from the amp to the box.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 210
WTF?!

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 269
so how would i bridge it? just take my speaker wire and put one strand in the left positive terminal and one strand in my right negetive and then that's all? that would put a 4 ohm load on the amp?

why did u say WTF?!...

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 910
the amp should have it marked on which terminals to use for bridged or see owners manual...

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 213
I said wtf b/c I used brackets instead of ><

And yes left + right - is all you've got to do. I already looked at the manual.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 270
alright thanks. so when i do this would this put approx 400 watts into each sub??

thanks alot guys

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 271
so when i do this it will put approx. 400 watts rms into each sub?

and why do you only have to put the speaker wire from the amp into the box terminal... because doesnt it need to make contact with the other speaker wires?

thanks

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 272
bump

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 273
wtf, it didnt bump

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 216
[i]Posted by bassman3 -[/i] [b]so when i do this it will put approx. 400 watts rms into each sub? [/b]
Yes

[i]Posted by bassman3 -[/i] [b]and why do you only have to put the speaker wire from the amp into the box terminal... because doesnt it need to make contact with the other speaker wires? [/b]

because it's [b]PRE-WIRED[/b] inside the box!

on the other side of that terminal there are wires running to the subs and they're connected so that the terminal is 4 ohms. All ya gotta do is connect the amp.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 217
aw fawk, I did it again.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 218
Just to amuse myself I figured I'd try to redo it RIGHT!

Posted by bassman3 - so when i do this it will put approx. 400 watts rms into each sub?
Yes

Posted by bassman3 - and why do you only have to put the speaker wire from the amp into the box terminal... because doesnt it need to make contact with the other speaker wires?

because it's PRE-WIRED inside the box!

on the other side of that terminal there are wires running to the subs and they're connected so that the terminal is 4 ohms. All ya gotta do is connect the amp.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 274
so as long as it is a 4 ohm load on my amp, it will put out 400 watts rms to each sub...

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 561
You got er' my friend. If your subs are wired together and have a 4ohm load, and your amp does 800x1 @ 4ohms, then each sub will receive 400watts. 800 devided by 2 subs equals 400 each. Wiring is just made a lot easier since it's all done inside for you. Just bridge the wire coming from the box, to your amp and bahm! Each sub is getting 400wrms and you are now thumping! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us