Need amp help again!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Sexytroca

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 49
ok if the person who was helping me last time could come back that be nice but anyone who can help please do. i have two 12 inch Dub1200 subs rated at 700 rms and 1400 peak power each. will a Hifonics Zeus amp make them sound good, if not which amp is recomended. http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-ZEUS-1000w-2-ch-COMPETITION-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQi temZ5848440760QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
is this amp a good amp, basing it on its wattage. will running my subs 200 watts under their rms make them sound bad in any way? tanx for all the help.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 276
First off i no for sure that those subs can not handle 700watts you should be fine.Second,wuts the voice coial configuration? Dual 4ohms,dual 2ohms,single 4ohms,single 2ohms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
the subs are dual 4ohm voice coils, i have them wired at 2 ohms each sub, i will be drawing 500watts out of each channel from the amp. so if the amp wont hurt them then i guess i should buy the amp. will it sound louder than an audiobahn A8002t pushing two infinities 12 inch subs? tanx again

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 278
No as much as i HATE audiobahn that amp is ok,and infinity makes decent subs for the money.Im not saying yours will sound bad but that infinity system is better.And that amp should do fine but instead of buying the amp i would recomend getting new subs,again im not trying to be a @ss hole just tryin to help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
but the hifonics amp will be pushing 1000 watts and the audiobahn will be pushing only 800 watts, how can it be louder than the hifonics, my subs are rated to be able to take higher wattage than the infinity system. i know ur trying to help but i need something to help the subs, cant buy more subs cause its my third pair this year and parent are pissed off at me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
ok i think ur mistaken, im trying to buy the hifonics be cause my current amp is a boss amp, the audiobahn belongs toa friend of mine.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 279
In the world of car audio the more watts doesnt nessasarily mean louder or better. For instance my one 12" JL 12w6v2 is only rated at 400 watts rms and your one 12" DUB sub is rated at "700 rms",and i am running my sub with an Orion 225g4 that puts out "25 watts x2 at 4ohms" and "200 watts" mono at 2ohms and i garuntee my "underpowered" JL would destroy your sub. Bottom line is dont look at watts when your buying subs look at quality and name brands.You basically get wut you pay for in car audio.How much did you pay for those subs and where did you get them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
i bought them off ebay fro 140, i got two of them brand new. i know that wattage isnt everything but thats why im trying to get this amp, im hoping itll help out the subs. i mean do u know how loud it would play with my subs, would u feel bass outside my truck. by the way my truck has fatmatt installed in it, its crappy kind but it works. is it worth 189 for the hifonics amp, is the amp worth putting on with my subs?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 259
the hifonics amp you are looking at pushes around 800 watts. The hifonics amp puts out 80% of what it claims. so basically there isnt much of a diff. between ur a8002t and the hifonics.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 280
Oh I just relized your talking about the audiobahn DUB speakers. I thought you were talking about the cheap dub speakers they sell at wal-mart for like $20. I feel like a dumb@ss now Im sorry!! Um I dont know anything about those subs they look nice tho.Back to your amp troubles,why not get an audoibahn amp it will do much better than that hifonics.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 260
like i said it is basicaly puts out the same power. and yes those audiobahn subs do suck badley. my firend and some and he put 750 watts into them and they blew out in 3 months. they just dont sound well either. i highley reccomend selling them and getting a couple of type-r or comp vrs.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 261
audiobahn amps are fine but the subs are just horrible. sry to break it too yea.

EVERYBODY STOP BUYING AUDIOBAHN SUBS!!!!!!!!

we have said it a million times on this forum and people keep buying them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
ok feww! man u got me worried about my subs, i thought they were nice and u scared me and i thought they sucked,...well anyway i can get either amp for around the same price but the audiobahn makes 800watts into my set up while the hifonics makes 1000watts into my wiring setup. so i think the hifonics amp is better cause it has higher output wattage. now i have heard good things about both amps on this forum, ive heard excellent things about hifonics amps so i know both amps can put out a kick, but my subs are rated at 700rms so i need something closer to 700 and the audiobahn only puts 400 while the hifonics does 500. or tell me what u know about both amps which do u find better, im looking to feel bass outside my truck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
hey im not going to put 750 watts into them, plus i said earlier i cant buy more subs cause ive bought quiet a few pairs recently nad my parents are pissed cause i have school to pay and shyt. plus the subs are not in question, the amp is, so what is better for me to use the audiohbahn or the hifonics.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 282
It depends on your budget for an amp,but out of the hifonics and audiobagn i would definatly go with the audiobahn it doesnt have to be the 800 watt one just go to ebay and find one that is either 1 ohm stable in bridge mode or a mono one,or one that is 2 ohm stable x2 ch.Of coarse there are better amps out there so tell me your maximum spending limit and ill find you an amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
ok ive burned three boss amps in the past because of how much they suck, they were on waranty so they were free, thats what i have now, i saw on ebay i can get the a8002t for about 140 roughly, i would go up to 200 but no more, i have to keep a limit on my spending cause my families trying to buy a house.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
ok also i have a limit on the impendence i want, i dont want to deal with alternators and batteries and power stuff. i want a two channel amp that can take 2 ohm loads per channel or a mono that gives high wattage at 4ohms. thats why i wanted the hifonics, it matches this well. but so does the audiobahn but i thought it gave less wattage.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 283
Why a 2 channel amp?They take more current than a mono class d amp. Thats one reason they have class d amps so u can get more power without drawing alot of current.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 284
Ok I found you an amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=75

Its on ebay new for about $270 shipped I think you should squeeze out $70 more dollars and get it.It will do much much better than hifonics.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 262
i told u the HIFONICS AMP DOES NOT PUT OUT 1000 WATTS, IT PUTS OUT 800, THE SAME AS THE AUIOBAHN ONE... THE HIFONICS AMP ARE EXTREMELY OVERRATED THAT WHY IT PUTS OUT 800 WATTS INSTAED OF 1000.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us