1000/1 and 2 12W7s

Anonymous

would one 1000/1 be enough for two 12 W7s, can it hurt the subs if you underpower them?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3914
please register.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 884
no

Username: Shaunypoo

Surrey

Post Number: 3
I'd be suprised if you can even fit 2 W7's in your car, unless its a van!! lol

no you cant power 2 w7's with 1 1000\1, and nutter 4 wanting too!!! 1 w7 is more than enough

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4059
"I'd be suprised if you can even fit 2 W7's in your car, unless its a van"

W7's are not that big.lol

Username: Shaunypoo

Surrey

Post Number: 5
haha, I went in a audi estate with just one in a ho box, and he powered it from 1 1000\1. IT WAS MENTAL! lol, anyway, he couldn't even get the box in the boot without taking the parcel shelf off.

Maybe the speaker isn't that big, but to get the best from these honeys, surely you need a box to match. I am new to all this, please inform me if im out my league!!! :P

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 249
Yeah they need about 1.75 cubes sealed and about 2 cubes ported. those boxes take some space....and i know you can put 2 12w7's in a extended cab ranger....cuz it's been done! my g/f has 2 12w7's in a downfiring ported box!

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4582
Sweet setup & a girl owns it too !!!
most females can't stand loud music

have 2 comment though ,without the amps in the way like that it would def sound even better but i know its like that due to lack of space but i like the way the box looks ..........

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4062
much props, on ur gf ride simon, i think girls that are in car audio is kinda sexy.lol

Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 8
That look hella nice, i got JL 12w7 in a Prowedge box in a 98 tacoma extra cap, and it look boring

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 252
we did it that way after we had the subs firing up......it was kinda funny watching her roof flex like it was gonna explode! so we experimented and downfired them....it gained 3db's. she hits around 146 on a termlab....she is only pushing 600 watts to a sub......they need more juice. and no i won't ride in it with the music up.....IT HURTS! AND YES THAT IS A MTX1501D both subs are running parrellel to the amp! been running like a champ for the last 6 months.....never really gets hot!

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 253
and my setup is no where near as loud or cool looking....just a small sealed box and a 12w7 running of a Total Mobile audio 500/1 till my zapco comes back from the manufacturer so they can set it up so it will feed 1100 watts at 3 ohm! did i mention Zapco are a kickass company!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us