Stepping it up

Silver Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 131
alright. i'm going to get my other mtx9500 tomorrow. i'm going to bump what i've got for probably another 5-6 months. after i've got a lot of spare money to spend, what would be a good step up from these.

looking to spend 400-500 on each sub. and 500-700 on an amp.

i was thinking 2 w6v2s and a 1000.1 amp. any other suggestions. i want better sq and more spl than the 9500's as well. also, how much do you think i could get for my stuff?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1735
in 5-6 months there are going to be other stuff that might catch your attention.

also are you asking how much you can sell your stuff for or how much the 2 w6v2s and a 1000.1 amp would cost?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3889
2 Eclipse TI's with the 2 jl 1000/1

2 IDMAX's with 2 JL 1000/1

2 D9's with 2 JL 1000/1

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
chad - i was asking how much i could get for my 2 9500s and my brutus2005 if i was to sell it all.

chauncey - aren't the 1000/1's like 700 a piece?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3893
Since the A series is coming out the slash series should go down in prices, Also why not save and get a great system insted of half-assin it

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3894
if u want to sell it sell it locally. No one that knows about MTX subs will give u that much for them.

Maybe $700 for all of it with box (if there the 15's)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4180
chauncey whats the scoop on the A series im going to buy a jl amp to replace the ones im selling are they more feature rich or something?

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
bump.

well believe it or not, the 9500 i've got in my truck sound really nice. compared to my friends 2 12" l7's, it's almost as loud, and has much better sound quality. and i'm only running one of them right now. with the new one i'm getting, it will be much louder. i'm also getting them at a killer price.

i can deal with 700 for all of it. i was hoping to get 250 for each sub, and around 200 for the amp. i only paid 250 for the amp when i bought it new, so that's a good price for me.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 880
I don't mean to interrupt. But this brings a question to me.

If I get the '04 V-Max's is that anything to be EMBARASSED about? Or if I get the old model RE SE's when the new line comes out?

I mean, that's kind of the budget I work with, I have to buy the higher end, but older models lol.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3923
Sean, All i have heard is that the new "A" series is suppose to make the slash series look like entry level stuff. There is a slide show of the new W3v3 and the "A" series amps on there website.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3924
I would get the old re se's, just because there newer doesnt mean there that much better. Get the SE's u will be so happy with them.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 246
From what i keep hearing from the local rep....the feature and power make the slash series show their age and why JL needed to redo the amp department. after 5 years they needed a change and supposedly the A series is supposed to do it all! now it might be all bullshit but that is what the rep told me!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4184
wheres the slide show I cant find it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us