Type of box??

Bronze Member
Username: Atomiclee

Post Number: 21
I just bought 2 Xtant X1244's. They are dual voice coil and 4 ohms a piece. I will be wiring them into a 1 ohm load ran to a HiFonics BX1500D. I have the spec sheet but cant really make any sense of it. Its going in to the extra cab of my S10. What type of box would be the best? I want it to hit hard but I also want it to sound good.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3895
sealed??, what else do u want to no

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
well would sealed be better for this application vs. ported vs. bandpass?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
should I downfire them or fire them into the seats?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
So I went to the Xtant website and calculated the box size for my truck.
Height-15.5 in
Width- 31.5 in
Bottom-13.08 in
Top 7.98 in

These are the external dimensions. Witht this box, the subs will share the air space. Should I split them up and then just ad .75 in to the width or is this enclosure fine?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
If Im building or buying a 2.5 ft3 rectangular sealed enclosure, do the l,w & h really matter just as long as they multiply out to 2.5 ft3? somebody help me please.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4523
don't think it should matter much with sealed but u wouldn't want an odd dimentioned box thats narrow & really long or a shallow overly tall box .

Just 4 appearance sake build 1 YOURSELF rectangular thats looks fairly proportionate & not oddball looking ..........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
cool, I decided to build roughly 30x15x12. Witht hese subs, what volume do you think I should seal them at, 1.25 ft3 or 1.5 ft3?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us