Houston, TX

Post Number: 188
Was that not an insane game last night usc had to be ticked off

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5315
I'm glad Texas won, USC was overrated.

Leinart: "I still think we're a better team, they just made better plays in the end *sniffle*"

I just wish Auburn would have had the chance to spank them last year. Last years Auburn team would have flat out stomped USC.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3845
USC got exposed, it was a close game because both defenses gave up after the 3rd quarter. Reggie Bush is not as good as the media has made him out to be. The only reason he looks so good is because they play crappy teams all season and he dominates them.lol. But when it came time to play a real team he was no where to be found. Matt Leinhert played ok, but the night belonged to Vince Young. He should have won the Heisman, if he comes out he should be the number 1 pick, and he is the best college player of all time.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 189
Yea he could play 400+passing yards and 300+russing yards and that last td that was worth watching the game

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3846
I have an alpine cd player and $100 because of the game.lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5317
I agree, I've seen high school teams that could put up a winning record in the Pac 10.

Look out for the SEC next year, I've got a feeling LSU is going to be a tough team to beat, along with Auburn and Florida.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 190
The Parties here in houston were extended do to the win and it was a good party

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3847
The SEC was killed in bowl games this year though.lol, Me and my dad cracked open a bottle of Sam Adams Utopia, he was so happy he forgot i was 18.lol,(he was born and raised in Austin)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 995
that game was one of the best i've seen in awhile, i just hope vince young doesn't get drafted to a shitty team like 49ers or teaxens cause they just plain suck. i was hoping texas would win but was loseing hope in the fourth quater untill the 4th down stop by texas then i knew they would win.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5318
"The SEC was killed in bowl games this year though"

Yup. This wasn't a good year. Honestly, even though I'm a UGA fan, I didn't even expect them to get to the SEC championship, or even be in the top 20. Shockley just didn't have enough experience to do that well, and Richt tends to be too conservative with his play calls. But, we've got some outstanding recruits now that Richt is doing the picking :-) #1 H.S. quarterback in the nation, and a lot of good recievers and offensive linemen to back him up. We may be in the national championship in the next couple of years.

Overall this was kind of a rebuilding year for the SEC. Auburn and UGA lost a lot last year, S.C has a lot of rookies, Tennessee just sucked, Bama had a great defense, but a weak offense. Next year they'll be much stronger. LSUs upcoming quarterback really impresses me, he is deadly accurate.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5319
"that game was one of the best i've seen in awhile, i just hope vince young doesn't get drafted to a shitty team like 49ers or teaxens cause they just plain suck."

Maybe he'll get with the Falcons. Then, they can have a running quarterback that can, you know, pass :-).

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3851
Yep^^ that would be my prediction for next years SEC LSU all the way. Shockley reminds me alot of Marcus Vick (good when he wants to be.lol), But UGA is gonna be good to. Next year should be a better year for the SEC

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 997
any1 watch that one bowl game, can't remember which one, that went into triple overtime, man those field goal kickers sucked, i couldn't believe it.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5320
"Shockley reminds me alot of Marcus Vick (good when he wants to be.lol)"

I'm just glad we only had to put up with him for one year. Greene was a better quarterback mentally, he just wasn't as good an athlete. Cox is going to be a hell of a quarterback, I can't wait until he gets some playing time. I'd say from the SEC east next year, it'll be between S.C. and Florida. And the west will be Auburn or LSU, that's a tough one to call.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5321
"any1 watch that one bowl game, can't remember which one, that went into triple overtime, man those field goal kickers sucked, i couldn't believe it."

Penn St. and FSU. Those kickers did suck.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3852
Bama won by a field goal over a pretty good Texas Tech team. Also i like would Spurrier is doing with S.C. they will be a suprise team next year, but if Vince stays we will win another 1.

Anonymous

omg do u guys actually watch football "reggie bush underated" omg chauncey u say that about every good player cmon now look at all the things he did this year.even if he played junk teams he dominated and i mean dominated.u guys see the moves that he does,the only reason why the media has made him this big thing is cause he is this big thing.i dont think the media will blow up somebody bigger and better if there a crap player .cmon now guys think about what u guys are saying.hes one of the better running backs that ive seen in a long time,and julian petterson is right up there with him.so chauncey get your facts together and stop hatting on every good player that the media so called "made him out to be"lol

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 183
I'm from the heart of big 12 country - I actually live in Lawrence and grew up right betwenn KU and K-state - 40 miles from both, and I was really pulling for the big 12 to win this game.

Bush is a great back. He averaged over 6 yds a carry against the best defense he faced this year, and even if you take away his 26 yd run he still averaged 4.5, and that tiptoe down the sideline and dive into the endzone alone was worth the price of admission and that's exactly the kind of plays that got the media and fans in his corner. We're looking at a young Marshall Faulk IMO.

The only reason he didn't have 200 yds is because they weren't ahead by 30 as usual and had to do something other than hand the ball off or run a screen every play. If they wanted to get him numbers they certainly could have, and they would have lost by 20.

The defenses gave up?? Chauncey have you ever PLAYED football?? Both defenses got stomped by the two best offenses in the country for 40 minutes and were playing on pure heart for the last 20. I was surprised they held up as well as they did.

Texas and USC were in exactly the same boat all year. They were both WAY better than the 2nd team in their leagues and both had to go out of conference to get truely challenged - ND for USC and Ohio St. for Texas.

The best team won. If they played 10 more times they'd probably go 5-5. It was everything the media tried to make it, which I didn't think would be possible.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1722
"I'm glad Texas won, USC was overrated."

usc had a 34 game winning streak until they lost to texas. how can they be overrated.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5323
Because they never played anyone challenging until this game.

This year, they earned second best, but that's because of an overall weak performance by other conferences in the nation because of various good teams shuffling their lineups. Last year, they weren't the best team. Auburn was, they just couldn't rack points up for the BCS because the SEC is a conference that is actually competitive, overall the toughest conference period. UCLA and Fresno St. are the toughest conference teams USC goes against, which is pathetic. In 2003, LSU was the better team, in which they rightfully won the national championship. So I give USC 1.5 titles.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3862
who was the best team they played??? for those 34 games??? Texas was the best team they had played in over 3 years. Dont get me wrong USC is a great team, but all year the polls would give Texas like 1 first place vote and USC would get all of the rest of them.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 445
So oregon wasnt a good team they played this year?Notre Dame,Fresno state,UCLA,CAL,and even Arizona state was pretty good.

So u ask me overated IMO I dont think so.

I dont think both USC and Texas are overated,just the better team won that day.

Like opti said if they were to play 10 games I think the end result would be a 5-5 record for both teams,thats how good both teams are.

And Reggie Bush is one of the better backs i seen in years,speed,power,he can catch the ball,he has the whole package IMO.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 446
btw chauncey u selling the HU.lol

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 459
bump for th HU

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 134
I might get torn apart for sayin this but i think that vince young would make a better running back than a quarter back. i mean think about it.. nfl teams want a qb that can stay in the pocket and make good passes. not to say he doesnt pass well, but he doensnt like to stay in the pocket, and that kid can flat run the ball. look at brady and the pats w/ all their super bowls. now look at Vick and the falcons w/ their mediocre/bad past couple seasons. Vick is a great player but once again i think he would make a better running back. I think if young focused just on being a running back he could be one of the better ones we have seen in a long time.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 497
that is the main concern for vince whether or not his style of play will be able to translate into the NFL. There is no way he would ever be a runningback thats a completely different thing altogether for one thing he is too big. I think all of those guys played great and as much as i respected reggie bush Lendale white was the stud for USC that night. Leinart is probably better suited to play QB in the NFL than Vince young b/c is such a good pocket passer and has poise. But Vince young is an absolutley amazing athelete and he played better than any other player had played in a bowl game that was amazing.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 203
I'm not sure what his 40 time is, but I don't think running back would be his thing. He's an open field runner which I think would make him a super wide reciever. Get that guy the ball in the open and see how many pros he can make miss.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 460
maybe a WR

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3863
" If they played 10 more times they'd probably go 5-5."

I dont think so Vince Young would not let Texas lose at all. Also he would make a great NFL QB,dont compare him to MVick he is a much better passer, the only reason most people dont see that is because of his running abilty. Lendale White will be the steal of the draft, seeing that u can give him the ball 25-30 times a game (NFL). Im not sure reggie bush could handle that kind of a load

Also i might sell the hu if my dad doesnt want it.lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5329
"now look at Vick and the falcons w/ their mediocre/bad past couple seasons. Vick is a great player but once again i think he would make a better running back. I think if young focused just on being a running back he could be one of the better ones we have seen in a long time"

Vick is a bad example. Vick isn't a good passer at all, and he's even worse in the pocket because he doesn't seem to know what is going on around him, especially to his sides. Vick would also get creamed as a runningback, he's way too small and fragile. Young isn't as small as Vick, but he still wouldn't be a good runningback. And beside that, Young can focus and stay in the pocket if he has to, but when he has to leave the pocket, he does. Better to run than to throw it away or get sacked. Young is one of the few quarterbacks that doesn't sacrifice passing ability just because he can run. He can still lay back and wail on a defense with his arm if he wants to. That's why he's NFL caliber.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 468
ohio states qb got an arm

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 501
yes he does I am big fan of Ohio state they had another solid year. in the game against Notre dame if they wouldn't have made careless mistakes they could ahve blown it open early.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 138
yeah they tricked me into thinking it was gonna be a close game in the first quarter lol. then i came back 20 mins. later and it was blowout

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1531
there is a LOT of things to argue in this thread but one thing i must say is reggie bush is better trained than white. reggiue could take more plays per game than white. reggie trained with Lt you know.... watch him after every play... hes never even breathing hard... i think one of the biggest mistakes of that game was not giving reggie the ball enough.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5347
When they did give the ball to Reggie, Texas completely shut him down. Reggie wasn't much of a factor in that game.

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 502
ya it was obvious that Texas had him well scouted but there is just no way to prepare for Vince Young.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 486
not really reggie had somthing like 82 or somthing yards on 13 carries and he didnt have the ball that much,so go figure.we need some real stats here and not by what u just saw.i think the also stopped giving him the ball much because of the fumble/lateral he did.another missed oppertunity for usc,also the interception.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3933
"but one thing i must say is reggie bush is better trained than white"

How could u say that??? White carried the running load for USC the whole game, who cares if ur breathing hard, if ur getting the job done, which bush couldnt do.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5348
"not really reggie had somthing like 82 or somthing yards on 13 carries and he didnt have the ball that much,so go figure.we need some real stats here and not by what u just saw."

How is that better than any run of the mill runningback? I can name multiple games that Georgias runningbacks have averaged around 9 yards per carry against some of the toughest defenses in the country. You can boil down to all the stats you want, Reggie didn't get it done when he had to. And he isn't the next Barry Sanders.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3936
This whole thread has been like me and Johnathan againts everybody else who loves reggie bush. I think he is one of the best college backs in years but like i have stated b4 the media has over-hyped him

James2800
Unregistered guest
Imma go with Chauncey, USC is overrated, they dont suck tho. I jus dont think they should be number one. All USC does is put fans in the stands cuz he can show out when they play the sorriest of teams. Who got the last laugh against Texas tho? Reggie Bush is good, but u gotta think, this is college, in the pros you got lineman running jus as fast as WRs lol

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 489
ya but johnathan it wasnt just one game comon u dont even know what he did this year,let me see 200 carries, 1740 yds, 8.7 yards a carry, 17 TDs.So common now is that pewee football numbers i dont think so.

"I can name multiple games that Georgias runningbacks have averaged around 9 yards per carry against some of the toughest defenses in the country" lmfao

Georgia running backs,here is some stats lol

Thomas Brown 146 carries,736 yds,5.0 avg,4 TDs

Danny Ware 101 carries,492 yds,4.9 avg,1 TD

LoL that looks like pewee football backs compared to reggie bush lol.

Username: Fathom04

Phenix City, AL USA

Post Number: 4
The SEC was not killed in bowl games this year... 3-3.. I think we did satisfactory. Atleast bama won :D

And bama will definately be a force next year in the SEC. Sure we are losing 3 starters on defense... but we have a 4-5 linebacker and a 5 d-end (I believe). Pluss our O-line will look alot better. JPW will be our starting qb. He looked very good in the iron bowl.

Anyway... I'm glad Texas won.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5353
There have been games where they have gotten 9+ per carry. And what hardcore defense did Reggie run into all year? Fresno st? See reference above. He finally saw a good defense, and he wasn't all that great.

Put Reggie Bush against Bama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, any of those defenses and he'll get shut down just like any other one would. The Pac 10 doesn't know what a defense is.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5354
But take a look at any Pro football team. The players aren't coming from USC and Cal. Most are drafted from the SEC, the ACC, the Big 12 and the Big 10. Pros realize where the real players are.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1739
lol. i don't know why people hate teams from california so much.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3949
i dont hate teams from california (i dont hate any team.lol). The Pac-10 produces ok QB's, and D-Linemen, but thats about it. If i where starting a team i would only draft, SEC and ACC players, mainly from da U.lol

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 510
i think reggie bush certainly has the potential and talent to be a very good running back it's just he may have a rough time making the transition into the NFL. it depends on how he trains in the off season and how he does when he goes to the NFL training camps.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1022
any1 see that vince young will be in the nfl draft, i hope he doesn't get drafted to a shitty team, and any1 watch the wild card this weekend, i was hoping cincci would win but palmer got injured, but i do have to admit cincci's back up qb is pretty good.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4005
he is going 2 a shitty place, no matter what, Since Houston will take Reggie Bush 1, New Orleans might take him 2

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 492
might be between him and leinert for the second pick

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4008
New Orleans has a crappy O-line and they no it so they should take Young, leinert would get sacked so many times.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1539
sad to say but i think vince youngs performance in the championship game may have ruined his future. a scrambling QB needs to stay in the NCAA as long as possible. he'll realize hes just not fast enough for the pro defenses. had he not performed so well it wudnt have gotten to his head and he may have stayed. well see though

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4012
"a scrambling QB"

Although he runs alot Vince Young is not a scrambling QB, MVick is a scrambling QB, his arm is not very accurate so he has to run, VYoung has a very strong and accurate arm, plus he can run, he is just a weapon.

I would have left 2, why would i risk getting hurt by playing another year. Insted he is going to get millions of dollars, and a Guaranteed signing bounus, so now he's a millionare without having played a game in the NFL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us