Warming up?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 514
i've heard a few times that with like Type-X's you should let them warm up for like 2 weeks before you turn them up loud... does that go for all subs or just those?

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 444
for most all subs u should at least break them in for a couple of days or so at lower volumes.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 804
there was a big dabate about this a little while back, you should try and find the thread.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 519
it was that way with the Type R for me..I thought it was junk the day I installed it, but gave it time and now it shakes everything

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 11
Does it take different sizes of subs longer to break in,10 compared to a 15, ect.. or does it depend on the cone material?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 841
how do you warm up a sub? do you stick it in a warm bath?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 71
yes, a warm soappy bath, then turn it all the way up

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 516
you warm it up by keepin the volume on the subs low for a while... then after a week or 2 you can turn it up

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 192
break in's crap
Install it right and listen as you please. Things break in on their own.

Break in is a marketing term almost exclusively reserved for high end equipment. IMO it's a safeguard for the seller in case you drop a load of money on some new speakers and you're not pleased with the sound. They can fall back on the old "You've got to let them break in for two weeks before you can 'realize' their performance."

That's code for - "Tough luck, deal with it until you get used to it and they start to sound normal."

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 842
im sorry that is called break in. there is nothing in a woofer that requires warming up to operate at its best conditions. electronics equipment may need a short warm up period but not a woofer. like optidriven says it is hard to discern between an actual break in of the woofer or your own familiarization of the sound that is produced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us