• Subwoofer Phase Control
• 6-Position HP/LP Digital Crossover
• 6-Channel Time Correction
• i-Personalize
• Data Download
• MediaXpander
• Bass Focus
• Factory Preset EQ

and that will cost you $1600 / To bad there other HU's dont have similar features. Just keeps going downhill from the top HU. Worse then last year. Overpriced in my opinion for what you get.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 527
how about the amps?

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 437
here is kickers new line of products http://www.kicker.com/06/index-dom-high.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
are RE amps good..the 12.1? or is all that new stuff better?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2789
I like the designs of there new amps. Looks like you can mount them right on top of each other if you decide to go with multiple amps. Similar to last year as far as specs goes but i think they look very nice. All there products look amazing but performance is another story on most of the stuff. I like the amps and type R,X speakers and type R,X subs and there best product is there F1 Status. There processors are good to.

Blaine westropp, RE 12.1 is a great amp for the price. I whould definetly recommend that over the Alpine,Eclipse,Mtx etc.. amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
mo what abotu an orion....RE or orion

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2790
Go with the RE. Better customer service and build quality. RE is made here in the U.S. while Orion is built in overseas. Very underated amp also.

Bronze Member
Username: Do_em_dirty816

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 14
To me kickers lineup looks hella good just like Thomas said...No flashy chrome or flames but the real deal holyfeild...lol

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 439
yup the L7s even got a diff look

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5316
I'm impressed that Kicker has created a round sub that's higher up than the VR. Too bad they still think squares are the way to go. Bleech. I like the look of the amps a lot better.

"To bad that there top HeadUnit is the only one with decent specs like

Bass Engine Pro Sound Tuning
• Subwoofer Level Adjustment
• Subwoofer Phase Control
• 6-Position HP/LP Digital Crossover
• 6-Channel Time Correction
• i-Personalize
• Data Download
• MediaXpander
• Bass Focus
• Factory Preset EQ

and that will cost you $1600 / To bad there other HU's dont have similar features. Just keeps going downhill from the top HU. Worse then last year. Overpriced in my opinion for what you get."

It's about $1000 too much. They've been offering inferior head units for the money for a couple of years now, though. Eclipse, Premier, and Clarion all have units that spank them for the money. Aside from the F#1 Status, in which now it's even more rapage with a DVD Audio unit that requires either their proprietary D/A converter or Media Manager to operate. I'll take a Nak CD700 or a McIntosh MX406, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 998
so did kicker discontinue the kx amps, and that new kicker round subs looks good i might buy one just to try it out.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5322
It appears that they did.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 854
*Cough cough* I've even heard some on here say that Kenwood's Excelon HU's have spanked Alpine for the last couple years lol.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 809
anyone seen clarion's new stuff??
they got a double din unit with like 20 buttons going up and down each side and you can change the colors...one of the ugliest units i've seen in a while, lol.

eclipse has some killer looking navigation units for Japan too, 3D representations of all the buildings and everything around the roads. really neat looking.

JL redid the W3's too, they got W3v3's comming out, looks simular to the W6v2s.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5327
"JL redid the W3's too, they got W3v3's comming out, looks simular to the W6v2s."

Didn't know that. They needed something that better bridged the gap between W1v2s and W6v2s. All I felt the W3 needed was a little refinement with the motor, and I'm guessing that's what it got among other things.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3876
Check out the slide show

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/index.php#

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5333
Looks pretty sweet. I may hold off on a sub for a bit if this one is similar to previous W3s in box requirements and overall size. Hope it gets a good 8" version, too :-)

This is why I like JL. No BS, just continuous improvement to ensure solid products overall.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3878
cant wait to see some specs.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 245
i wanna see the specs on those A series amps!! from what i can tell they are supposed to make the slash series look like entry level amps!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5335
I emailed Hector about the W3v3s. Particularly if an 8" version will be available (for my application), but I asked if any preliminary info was available. I'll let you know whenever he hits me back, which will be a couple of days of course.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5336
If the A series makes the Slash look like entry level, it's going to be a hell of an amp. The Slash series amps are already great for the money spent.

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 247
yeah i know.....i think they were aiming for more power and more features with the new A series amps.....sad part is i know they will be expensive as hell!!

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 144
Yeah Jonathan on the Nak CD-700. That is the best unit I have seen!

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 248
Well bad news....there was a misconseption of words with the JL rep....the A series will be replacing the E series amps....they will be a better amp overall then the E series but from what i understand the Slash series amps will be still the main line for a while!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5343
I was kind of thinking that. Slash amps are really all they ever need, they can hold their own.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3932
but a 1500 and 2000 watt jl amp would be nice

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5344
Yeah, I'd like to see some more powerful options. As far as the design though, I really like their flexibility.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3935
could u imagine a 2000/1 that was 1-4 ohm stable, but it would cost at least $1500

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 753
Why is everyone so dissapointed with Alpine and why?

Is it that the RCA output voltage is not as high as others?

Is it that some other brands offer bass enhancements, subwoofer x-overs, etc...?

Is it that Alpine HU's are crafted poorly and therefore they break down a lot?

Is it that Alpine costs much more than another competing brand?

Is it the specs?

Is Alpine offering HU's that sound awefull?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5350
"Is it that Alpine HU's are crafted poorly and therefore they break down a lot? "

It's mainly that one. They've had a lot of reliability issues with their newer units.

They're also sacrificing true SQ function for BS integration with ipods and such.

They're had notoriously weak preouts for years now.

Eclipse and Premier offer more options for crossovers and PEQ than Alpine for the money spent. For someone like me, that wouldn't matter as I'd rather have an external processor like an Audiocontrol DQXS, but for the budget crowd, it's hard to beat an 8455 for its active crossovers and PEQ.

For the money, Alpine just isn't all that great anymore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us