NEW ALPINE 2006 Products / HU's,Amps,etc... What do you all think ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2783
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/series.php?category=AV_HU

Im kind of thinking about that DVA-9861. For the price of $650 from a authorized dealer isnt to bad considering all the options you get. Looks nice too.

Here is the actual link to the whole site. Looks they got it up today.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/

walter84
Unregistered guest
Look like they got rid of that stupid glide touch. only reason why i didnt buy the 9855 and didnt buy any of the lower 2005 models.

walter84
Unregistered guest
i took a better look at it. i was all happy about the 9857. but i am nolonger happy. they put 2v pre apps on it. man alpine is really starting to go down the drain. i think the best head unit they came out with was the 9835.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2792
Yes, they have gone down hill and i noticed a few things about it also. Im more interested in there subs and componant speakers and amps.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1354
That's sad...

Anonymous

The most disgusting fact about the new 2006 Alpine headunits is that all but the $1600 one now lack the time correction and parametric equalisation engine. This feature was the reason why most '2004 and '2005 Alpine headunits were just SUPERIOR to the ones from any other manufacturer on the same price level, but they no longer are.

You will do a favour to yourself if you can get a 9855 or any previous model (9835) witn parametric eq. and time correction. These features when properly used allow to get the real juice from any car-audio system. I know because I've had the opportunity to install and ajust a lot of them.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 198
Looks like there charging a lot more for a lot less! What a rip!

I'll stick with Pioneer, they seem to move forward.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 199
YA! Pick up an old 9815 for less than $100. off Ebay. I had two and they were kickAsz!

Username: Spkr589

Post Number: 5
Yeah, that is too bad. The Kenwood Excelon series are very nice loaded with features and high prevolt output. As far as Alpine is concerned I run some of their speakers and the sound great!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us