6X8 Speakers

Username: Nacl

Post Number: 1
What's Up everyone, I'm new to the board and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I know about car audio in the sense that I know what I need to get and the basic signal flow of it all. I have hooked up my own decks and speakers before but I don't know much about components and what is good.

Now here is the problem. I just got a 1998 Ford Contour with stock speakers that the guy before me decided to blow with death metal. I'm looking to piece together a system over time that will sound pretty good. I already have an Alpine 4x45 deck but the speakers are killing me. I have 6x8 in all 4 doors and have been looking at the Kenwood KFC-C6879ie and was thinking about getting a Profile AP1040 amp.

Now I know very little about this stuff, so is this crap? I can probably get the speakers for $40-50 and the amp for $110, but will I end up hating them and replacing them in 6 months? Any opinions/suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 832
yes, get a nice 4 channel amp, you can get the infinity for around 180 off ebay and match that to some speakers, maybe infinity also.

Username: Nacl

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice Ty. I looked at the infinity referencespeakers and they're pretty nice but I'm also looking at the Alpine Type-R

The thing I like about the Type R, is the bigger frequency. If I'm not gonna have a sub for a little bit why not have speakers with a good low end. But are the infinity's gonna sound clearer? Which one would you guys go for?

Infinity Reference
Alpine Type-R

Silver Member

Post Number: 885
prob the infinity, it is a personal pref though,

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 876
I've heard the Infinity amps aren't even worth discussing. They don't put out much power at all...

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
rated at 111w @4 ohms at 14.4 volts, and for the price it is pretty good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
Yes, but they claim to be SQ, but clip early, and offer little in the bass range. The don't offer TRUE power ratings. I've dealt with Infinity, they've gone to the dark side with output.

The Infinity speakers will be ok, but get something else for an amp. Honestly...

Silver Member

Post Number: 878
Honestly, if you want something for about $110, you can get an Audiobahn Intake series amplifier.

Isaac has tested them, and they put out their designated RMS power, for a low price. They also endure well. Better than anything I've seen amplifier-wise from Infinity.

Silver Member

Post Number: 879
You can get the Audiobahn A6004T for about $120 on E-Bay. You won't be disappointed. I have an A8000T and an A6004T, both perform VERY well.

Username: Spkr589

Post Number: 2
Humm, about that infinity amp 111 x 4 rms, I have that one and let me tell you from real experience it is a awesome amp!! Vey clean, has worked well in all aplications of my system. I have had no problems with clipping at all. I'm not saying its the best amp for you but I can say you will not be dissapointed. Will work well with the alpine type r speakers you are looking at. Just my 2 cents, good luck :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us