AA comp set

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 414
does anyone know when it is going on sale and do you guys think it will be better than the JL XR's and do you have a link to there website thanx guys

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4518
www.ascendantaudio.com They should be out within the next two weeks:-) As far as being better then the XR's I have no idea personally I don't think they are that great of a comp set to begin with but thats me.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1692
james do you think the multi channel amp plays a big part in the way the comp sounds. for example i have the 450/4 powering my comps. if i were to get let say a 4 channel sony amp that is about same in power, would the jl just sound better?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4520
yes the JL would be noticably clearer then a sony. Not to mention that a 450 watt jl amp prob pushes 500 and a 450 watt sony amp prob pushes 200. Sony uses max ratings, has a much higher distortion rate, much lower slew rate, not to mention reliability issue's. Now if you were to match a sony amp and a JL amp in power to a sub you wouldnt notice a difference, but with mids and highs the difference is highly noticable in distortion rates alone.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1697
when those come out i might get those. i am thinking of customizing my door panel to fit another comp set so i can get rid of my rear fill 6 x 9s. it sounds so much better when the sound is coming from the front. only reason i put my rear speakers back on is cause i have 2 type xs and the bass was just drowning out everything.

james seeing the way you installed your speakers on the door gave me an idea. thx. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us