Little Help

Username: Alpine4life

Post Number: 3
does anyone know how to hook up 2 6x9 Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP to an Alpine mrp m350 mono amp. i got a sub hooked up to the amp but the amp has this little box that plugs in to the amp to connect the speakers to the amp i tried doing it but no sound comes out of the speakers. i also tried turning of the buil in amplifier my head unit has (alpine cde 9847) and still no sound can anybody help me?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 792
are you talking about the plug beside the RCA inputs?? "speaker level input" ?? theres no output from that, its to be used off of a factory HU that doesn't have RCA's. you can't hook speakers up to that amp.

Post Number: 10
here is a picture of the amp the connection is the one on the leftUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ohhh now i get it so if i didnt have the rca inputs then the speaker level input is used got it. is there a way to connect 6x9 to an amp that does not have speaker out puts?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 840
it would go to where the sub is wired to, but that amp can not handle that type of ohm load, buy a 4channel and run all of the internal speakers on that.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 731
If it's a mono amp, it's probably class D, so you wouldn't want to use it for speakers. On top of that, if it's mono, you're not playing in stereo.
The speaker level INPUT is just that. An INPUT. You'd attach the speaker outs from your HU to that if your HU didn't have RCA outs (Generally stock HUs). The speaker outs from the amp are on the other side of the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us