Help Me Out With Some Choices

Username: Jonathanh

Post Number: 1
I used to have 2 audiobahn aw1206T Flame subs and audiobahn amp, but i sold them after the first week i had them because they were really crappy.

I am looking for a new system and i am trying to figure out wich brand of subs and amp to get.

The 10 inch subs need have a mounting depth of less than 6.5 inches to go into the sealed box i have this time.
I have been looking at diamond audio but i dont know much about any other brands.

I dont really have a lot to spend but i want to keep it in the 500ish price range for 2 subs and an amp.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3809
Quick Guide
http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Do u want sq or spl??

Username: Havey02

Post Number: 1
sorry i had to re register with a new name but i am looking for a spl system.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 972
im not sure of the mounting depth but 2 RE re12inch subs[$77 each] and a kicker kx400.1 [$150 look around online] should be a nice system. if you want more spl you might look into kicker cvr's they take more power but will probally be louder than the re's.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 973
oh sh!t i just remembered that the re's are dvc4ohm and won't work with that amp. so if you are considering the re's just lokk for a amp that does 400+watts at 1 or 4ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 394
kicker comp VRs can deffinity get loud..SQ is ok. but thats not what you are aiming for anyways. check out www.onlinecarstereo.com i think the CVRs are like 99$ a piece + free shipping, all their prices are pretty decent, if they seem high just look for the same things on eBay

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3827
u might want to save a little more $$$ and get something real nice

Post Number: 3
I have been trying to look for the RE 10's but i cant find them anywhere except the reaudio website. Is this where you have to order them?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 979
as far as i know thats the only online place that sells them.

Post Number: 4
Well today i got a late christmas present from the girlfriend and i got 2 Alpine SWR-1022D Type R's.

I really like them but now i have got to decide whats a decent amp for them. I was looking at the Alpine MRD-1005.

Any other suggestions for an amp and i also need sugestions on a good sound insulation like fatmat or dynamat. Thanks again

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 982
are those dvc2ohm or dvc4ohm i think there 2ohm if they are the only amp i can think of is JL1000/1 that would power them correctly, a lot of people on here like edead,fatmat, and dynomat so im sure any1 would work.

Bronze Member
Username: Atomiclee

Post Number: 20
I just bought 2 xtant x1244's and a Hifonics Brutus 1500 for $570 shipped. Theres some good deals on Ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 440
MB Quart RAA1000 amp you can check that out
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=359
thats what rovin has powering his 2 type r's

Post Number: 5
The speakers are dual 2 ohm voice oils so i can only have a 8ohm, 2ohm, or .5ohm setup. I want to go with a 2ohm setup with any amp.

Hows to hifonics about power. It claims 900w @2ohms but is it more like 700ish?

I want to push 400-500w RMS to each sub

Thanks for all the suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4155
A harrison labs amplifier would be an excellent choice also in a small compact design or you could look at my buddies post on ebay he has a umber of amps in your price range including a jbl 1200.1....heres the link to all his stuff and almost all is brand new never used

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZspl141QQhtZ-1

Post Number: 6
I was looking through some other posts this morning and somebody had mentioned a Lanzar Vibe amp. I think it was the 268. Just wondering if that would push near 500x2 @ 2Ohms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4165
stay away from the vibe amps they arent very good

Gold Member

Post Number: 4166
whats your spending limit for an amplifier

Post Number: 7
200-300 ish

Post Number: 8
Let me get more specific so i can hurry and couple a good amp to these subs.

I have 2 SWR-1022D alpine type r's
Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coils rated at 500w RMS

-I wouldnt mind a 2 channel amp but a mono amp is probably more in my price range.(200-300ish)
-I want to run the subs at 2 Ohms
-I want to run 400 to 500w RMS to each sub. I dont want to risk damaging the subs by running over the recommended rating.
-I realize that on a limited budget i have limited options but i just want a good amp for these subs.

I am grateful for everyones input so far

Gold Member

Post Number: 4170
ok thats a good price range as I said before look at my buddies amplifier list thats up on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZspl141QQhtZ-1

three amps I would recommend are the
jbl 1200.1 which puts out 1200 rms at 2 ohms which is fine for those 10's you could just back the gain off if you wanted to...ive run as much as twice a speakers rated power daily for music on subs so 100 extra watts on each of yours should not cause any problems thats also a mono block thats at $200.00 right now

you could also run the tsunami amp if you wanted to run less power that would put out 600 rms at 2 ohms bridged thats also a mono block like you prefered ...thats at $85.00 right now

or you could do the us acoustics usx 1000d that put out 700 watts rms at 2 ohms and thats also a mono block like you prefered and thats at $150.00 right now

all three of the amps are brand new never used and I know these are as he says they are
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us