Cubic Feet

Bronze Member
Username: 225

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 35
I just got my second Type R today and i need a box for it, but instead of dishing out the dough to buy a dual box, i am going to keep the one i built and then just buy a second single box (b/c im lazy and dont want to build another). So my question is if i get a second sealed box and the cubic feet are off by maybe 9 one hundreths will this cause the sound to be drastically different?

example:

box i have now is .85 ft3

box im looking to buy .94 ft 3

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1517
should not be too much of a difference. you could just try it and find out. if there is a difference you could put something in the new box that is .09 cuft and drill it down and the volumes would now be the same.

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 36
another question

i've been looking at a bunch of boxes and i can not find one that has the cutout diameter for the Type R, which is 10.9 inches. The only box that i can find that would work would be the q-logic boxes that have the adjustable ring that will allow any sub to fit in the cutout, but they run like $125 so thats out of the question. I dont really feel like building another box either. the closest one i can find is 11 1/6 cutout, so is there any way i could put something around the ring to make it smaller?

or does anyone know of a sealed box that has a 10.9 cutout?

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 39

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 40
did this post?

another question

i've been looking at a bunch of boxes and i can not find one that has the cutout diameter for the Type R, which is 10.9 inches. The only box that i can find that would work would be the q-logic boxes that have the adjustable ring that will allow any sub to fit in the cutout, but they run like $125 so thats out of the question. I dont really feel like building another box either. the closest one i can find is 11 1/6 cutout, so is there any way i could put something around the ring to make it smaller?

or does anyone know of a sealed box that has a 10.9 cutout?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 390
just build another one, especially if its sealed. it seems like its more of a hassel trying to find a box to match the subs specs than to build one to it. just my opinion though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us