Friend's F-150

Username: Derick06

Texas United States

Post Number: 5
My friend just got a Single Cab 2004 Ford F-150 and wants some advice on a good sql system. He is willing to spend 2G on subs and amps. He has plenty of space to put a big box behind the seat. He was thinking of buying a couple of 12" JL w6v2's. I was thinking of telling him to try out a couple of Re Se's or Sx's, but haven't since I haven't heard how they sound. I haven't heard anything but good things about them. How do the w6's compare to the Re's i mentioned above? And how do you think they would sound properly powered in a proper enclosure in his F-150?

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 512
possibly two 15" eclipse TI's in a ported box powered by an orion 2500d at 2 ohms (1700 Wrms)

that would get plenty loud and it would sound good too

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5303
The W6v2s would smoke both those REs in sound quality. SPL wise, they'd outdo the SE, but not the SX.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5304
2 W6v2s would still get plenty loud in a single cab truck, though.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 143
I think you might be over estimating the room you have. It might seem like alot but 10w6v2 has a 7in depth. And the 12w6v2 has a 7.6in depth. Now even if you went with the 10 you have to take for granite the box and if you use 3/4 mdf you'll be set off the rear of the cab 8.5in. The 26v2s has pretty good excursion adn by this would probably be punding the crap out of the seat.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 818
agreed, i doubt they would fit correctly....

Username: The_great

Post Number: 1
what about 2 12in w3v2 or 4 ..i want good sql

Anonymous

hey ? how do the w6v2s stack up against other sq subs like the idmax in spl and sq because i want to get 2 12" subs

Username: Derick06

Texas United States

Post Number: 6
What else do you suggest I could tell him? How about 3 or 4 10w3v2's in sealed enclosures? Do you think they will fit, will it be a good sql system?

Post Number: 2
iam the guy with da f150.. i want good sql and i want da brand to be jl audio i want people 2 feel da vibration on their ride when their driving next 2 me i was thinking of cutting the da back is that a good idea i wana spent around 2,4 grand including amps'woofers and speakers any advice

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5308
The new F-150s have a ton of room behind the seat, they aren't like the typical single cab you're thinking of.

Post Number: 6
HEY JONATHAN GO 2 POST THAT SAYS JL AUDIO I NEED ADVISE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us