Trunk Sizes

Bronze Member
Username: Black013

Post Number: 22
I have notice that people with small cars (Small Trunks)have system that has dramtic effect inside the car as far as loundness go like I have a friend with 2 600 watt accoustics (Flea Market) 12's and a 600 watt American Pro amp in a mirage and it loud as hell in the inside you feel your eyes water and heart skipping and then I have a friend with a suburban with 4 12's p3 and and 2 Rockford Fosgate 900 watt amps and his Rear View Mirror barely shakes but dont get me wrong it loud as hell on the outside, so my question is to have my car feel louder inside s should i get a bigger box to take up more trunk space thus making the air pushed around in my trunk smaller keep in mind I have A 83 cutlass which is not one of the smallest trunks.

My setup is 2 15's CRV 2000 watt Performance Technique AMP class D in a Ported Box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
or should I switch to a sealed box

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 274
to have the car louder inside, you will need a port or passage so the air gets inside of the cab.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4442
or better yet buy a hatckbatch ride cause they are better acoustically .....

Bronze Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 81
yea its like in trunks its not all that loud. my homie zach has the same exact year cutlass with 2 polk audio 12s. its loud outside but as far as inside no.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 183
i know 2 guys with the same cars, acura intagra 2 different years 1 has 2 MMATS 15's and the other has 4 12's dont know what kind. but the 2 15's are way louder all around outside insode, even sound better, the 4 12's are maybe 3,1/4 as good. the 15's are faced toward the back and the 12's are facing the roof. i dont think that would affect the sound all around tho.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 480
fully dynamat your trunk then you will keep all your sound inside no matter what vehicle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I wish I could let me seat down like some people with new cars my boy got a 2002 SS Monte Carlo a nd its like a earthquake in the inside of the car I would say the new style Monte Carlo's are the best sound accoustics cars they dont rattle plus they get loud easily with the seats down
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us