Noise coming from sub

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 84
There is the weird bumping , very low and cant hear it when the music is going but its coming for the subwoofer. Now my old subs did the same thing too why is this happening and can I stop it?

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 90
chauncey are you there ? what about seth lowe , I need help with the question I posted above, thnx

Bronze Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 17
me too I had the same problem it was because my speaker wire was touching behind the sub

Username: Bassboyhighlighted

Post Number: 2
ya, that happens when the system isnt "proffesionally installed" that happend to me with my system, so i had the good ol boys at cuircuit city fix the problem

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11691
check your wiring. bad ground or a shorted wire somewhere. also can becaused by the amp's gain being turned too far up, or by a defective amp (last resort)
when I say check wiring, check the RCA lines, and remote trigger as well as power and speaker wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 36
already mentioned but this is the order ive been told to use (basically easiest to last resort)
1.check your gains on your deck (low and sub out), and amp (input sens, bass boost)
2.check that the speaker wires for your subs (pos and neg) anywhere. coming from your amp, to your box, then inside the box.
3.pull your ground out and make sure that the paint is scratched off, there isnt any rust, and when you put it back on that its tight.
4. trace around your rca cables to make sure they havent ripped and are shorting out. (see if the problem still happens when you plug in your iPod to the rca input on your amp).
5.like glasswolf said you might have a bad amp but before you buy a new one have a store test it out for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 37
now that i think about it after you check your gains just take your amp in and get it tested before tearing apart your car trying to find the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us