For new/unexperienced people

Silver Member
Username: Bga44

Tampa

Post Number: 178
here is a site that will help you tremendously in understanding how everything works.
http://www.bcae1.com/

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4403
well duhhh !

its a great site but ppl are too lazy to read it all & its hard 4 newbies to understand

here's a simpler site
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-oTXtfTGbR2H/learningcenter/car/

& www.the12volt.com .........

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10862
too bad crutchfield is heavily geared toward what they sell, which is mostly total crap. If you call them and ask questions it's even worse. They'll tell you to buy lots of sony amplifiers, and capacitors.

at full retail MSRP

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5306
Plus, it's generalized tech crap that spreads around all the myths of the audio world.

Q: "Hey Crutchfield, what kind of box should I get for my sub"

A: "Well, it's a very easy answer.

Sealed=good SQ
Ported=mediocre SQ, but louder
Bandpass=Bad SQ, loudest

And that's all there is to it!"

Q: "Hey, my lights dim when the bass hits, what should I do?"

A: "Just get a Rockford Fosgate punch power cap! It'll solve all your problems."

Sites like Crutchfield are half the reason we spend hours of our time trying to straighten out myths spread throughout the audio world. Abraham Lincoln said that you can't fool all of the people all of the time, but I think that only barely applies to audio.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4128
I think the most serious lesson a new person can learn is what are your electrical system limitations and how to stay within reasonable limits of the stock alternator equipment. the second lesson id say is learning how to make the most of your enclosure and how the acoustic environment affects the qulity and output....not just throw alot of power and subwoofers and whallah its loud trick. The third but very important lesson is how loud is loud enough because your hearing is what gives you the ability to listen to the tunes you love so much.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4129
Ill just say this from experience....the longer your into car audio the more sq (sound quality) minded you become. Id much rather listen to sweet music to my ears at a reasonable level than flat out loud.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4449
we all know CF is not the best to look @ but its the very easiest read/intro/quick guide to a newbie .

Alot of times newbs come into here & when u send them to bcae1 - they come back like 2 mins later 'thats too much words & i need a simple answer', well thats where the internet & forums come in handy . A decade ago u had to go do ur own research through books/magazines now all u do is take 2 mins & type in a question .

Well i buy my stuff online by typing out model no of any product on google & use some of the search engines like pricegrabber/epinions/my simon/bottomdollar etc ......

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney88

Http://www.freewebs.co..., Minnesota US

Post Number: 33
<<<<<<<< that website has some stuff..

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 806
people just want the quickest and cheapest fix. no one wants to do stuff right or know the tech info behind the answers...but still ask why and don't understand or want to try and understand your answers. people are lazy, lol. at least thats what i see, especially with people where i live.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 374
you're right. We're all pretty lazy - but we don't like being that way either. We're mostly frustrated, impatient, and even desperate at times.

But hey, that's why we love you guys so much. S,h,i,t - without ECOUSTICS, I still would be jumping up out of my chair and turning off the computer (without shutting down properly), yelling:

"F,u,c,k it! F,u,c,k, this damn computer. I f,u,c,k,i,n,g hate it!!!"

Trust me, a night alone versus a night with your guys' help is a BIG, BIG difference.

Just so everyone knows... I truely appreciate each one of your expertise and opinions.

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us