How big shuld i get it

Bronze Member
Username: Unreal_bass

Post Number: 27
i got a stock 120 amp alternator for my 99 suburban, i got the orion 2500d pushing my 2 13w7s and a jl 450/4 for the jl components, everything sounds good but my lights come close to off wen the bass hits and wen i turn it up pass mid volume the amp shuts off, plus all the car's accessories how many amps u think my new alternator shuld be? or shuld i just get a cuple batteries?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 448
minimum 250amps, the batteries would be nice as well... but only in ADDITION to the alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 413
Like baseball said at least 250, but in this case more is better so get as big as you have money for.

I would get a 300amp alt. and a yellow top battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
im gonne get a 300amp ho alternator, get 2 yellowtops, and do that big 3 wiring thing, will that keep me straight? i have a 15 farad alumapro, i think the name is, cap, shuld i install that with it? i only had my system for a few weeks now, so i wana get it all right

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 221
15 farad or 1.5? lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
no that damn thing says 15 lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1672
you don't need a cap if you get those upgrades you're talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 225
wut? 15 farad?? for that u would need 15000 watts of power. LOL 1000 watts every 1 farad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
yea i know, it came free wit my subs, what was i gunna say, no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26,1%26item%3D5833890633&sspagenam e=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

thats the subs i bought n the cap n all

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i think the links fucked up, anyway heres the ebay number, but u think ill be aight? 5833890633

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1678
with a 300a ho alt and the big 3 upgraded, you won't even need two yellow tops with the system you described.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1679
i just read your original post again and i didn't realize your lights almost came off and your amps shut off. the reason i say this is cause i have 2 jl 1000/1 powering 2 type xs and 1 jl450/1 powering my comps. my lights dim so i changed my battery to a yellow top and now it only dims at very high volume. my amp never shuts off. i still have my stock alternator too. i am however upgrading my alt to be safe. but at the moment i have no problems. so my point is maybe there is something else wrong with your electrical system. you should have it checked out.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 420
fucked

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 421
u can say fucked lol.

i didnt know that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »