2 jl w3v2 subs

Username: Pusha

Post Number: 1
Witch jl amp would be best for these subs. Sorry as you can tell noob to audio systems.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1465
JL 500/1

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 126
totally agree with dan. i have the W3v2's myself and i just wish i could afford the 500/1 to go with them lol.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 127
If u are looking for sumthing cheaper i can only say good things about my Soundstream VGA 600.2 too. i have been very very pleased with this amp. but make sure u get the VGA (aka Vangogh) or an older model Soundstream cause after the VanGogh models came out Soundstream got bought out by some crappy company, poweraoustic i do believe.

Post Number: 2
I have no idea about audio systems and to embarresed to ask in person so here I am spare the bags. I dont trust going to stores becuase some of them will tell you anything and my friends dont know nothin. So what exactly do I need be sides the subs and the amp. I think I have enough money so hit me with what you got. I have a corola so dont laugh but ya. What is the best type of box for these subs.

Post Number: 3
would the 500/1 be okay for two 12 inch w3v2

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 407
yes thats a perfect match.

Post Number: 4
Im confused I showed my uncle the jl audio site and he said that I should only run one 12w3v2 sub to a 500/1 amp. He said that the 500/1 jl amp really only has 250 watts. Also he said the effiency of the 12w3v2 isnt worth buying. I have a 05 corolla do I need a new head unit. Is he correct.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 790
tell your uncle hes wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 140
Well I just looked at the site and the only part it says 250 is for the damping factor. The 500/1 puts out a clean 500 watts if not more rms.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 474
ya sorry to say your uncle is completely wrong. the w3v2 is a very efficient sub thats why you can get so much out of them w/ only 300 watts.

Post Number: 5
so if each sub has 300 watts and the amp only has 500 doesnt that mean i wouldnt get the best quality out of my subs

Bronze Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 43
will 2 of these beat 2 12" type-r's? i am considering gettin the type-r but due to jl's reputation i was lookin for a similar sub by JL... also i def. cant afford a w7 so dont even mention that lol

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 476
well the 500/1 is a little underrated but no matter who you ask everybody will always recommend the 500/1 for 2 w3v2s.

Post Number: 6
whats the difference between the 12w3v2.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=12

Anonymous

yeah the 500/1 would be an ideal match for 2 12w3v2s
i've heard 2 12w3v2s in a ported box that was run by a 500/1, it was one of the better set ups i have ehard with that amount of power
get em. i'd suggest the set up to anyone

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 385
the diffrnec do you mean by the d2 d4 and d6 if thats what you mean then its just diffrent coil configurations of it depending on what kind of amp your going to wire it to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us