3-way components

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 832
what companies make decent 3-way components? so far i have found focal and jl with 3-ways that are reasonably priced. i also saw the one alpine has but its just ridiculously expensive.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 833
also, is CDT any good? i have seen a bunch on sale on ebay but dont quite know if they are a bogus company.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5272
CDT is a good company.

What do you consider reasonably priced? The DLS Iridium 6.3 component system is available for $800 on www.mobilesq.com brand new, and is fantastic.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5273
DLS also has some cheaper 3 ways on there, BTW. The Ultimates are very good.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 834
thanks jonathan. i would say around $1000-$1500. i looked at the alpine SPX-Z18T with suggested price of $3500 and that is just too much for me. im not buying them now or anytime soon, i was just curious to see what companies have 3-way component systems that are decent.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5277
For $1000-1500, you can get the DLS Iridium, Dynaudio System 340 or 360, Rainbow 3 ways (possibly the Vanadiums), many others out there as well. And they're all extremely good, with the DLS being the easier to set up.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
CDt has some very good 3way setups. Your budget is good and can get some nice setups. I can get you a set of CDT ES-643 or the ES-07.3. Emails me at admin@alteraudiousa.com and we can talk about pricing and shipping and answer any questions you have.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 136
diamond also makes a three way, VERY good imaging if set up properly, the best midbass that i've heard. and you would be looking at hte hex series. combonation of s400s and then s6.0mx3.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 835
what do you guys think would be a good amp to power the speakers?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 836
one other thing, i have infinity kappas as fronts in my car and the tweeter is harsh as hell. is this just a characteristic of infinity speakers cause i installed infinity speakers in another car and had the same results. any of the above mentioned sets have bright/harsh tweeters?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 838
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us