LOUD!

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 256
Just came upstairs from hooking up my system. I dont have pics yet. But I must say, damn that sh!t is loud! My ears are still ringing.
I have 2 Treo Tsx 15s on a 1000.1PRD
2 batteries, + 0ga wire, 200a fuse, 200a @ idle HO alternator, about 14.7 volts @ idle. My new charging system is sweeeet.
I will post more later...

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1449
gahh i bet u was happy...how much are those treos?

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 503
hey B whered u get that alt?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 257
Treos mmmm, alot.. But very much worth it..
Alternator by Excessive Amperage.
Alternator works sweet with my 2nd battery too. I hit real hard @ idle, no dipping of voltage or clipping!
Just set off a few Factory car alarms, few mins ago. lol
All I got to say, is that you know its hitting hard, when your throat hurts!!
I had HU on 7 and boiiii.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1452
thats making me consider the TSx's

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 505
hahah I love the look you get when you set off a car alarm lol.
Treos price list says 300 a piece for the retail price or sumthin, did u have to pay the 300 or did they take the price down a lil?

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 506
hahah I love the look you get when you set off a car alarm lol.
Treos price list says 300 a piece for the retail price or sumthin, did u have to pay the 300 or did they take the price down a lil?

Username: Bigjohn6973

Post Number: 6
Hey B, where did you buy those Treo's? I have a 1000.1 PRD amp myself. I am running two 12" Audiobahn Eternals to it and it sounds...ok, but I want a lot more than just ok.

Post Number: 7
I have never set off any car alarms. I haven't been into car audio too long but it intrests me very much. At first I had an 1800 watt Audiobahn amp hooked up to my Eternals, then it quit working. So now I have that Memphis 1000.1 PRD to them. I want LOUD.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 258
My Treo Dealer got to be the coolest, 420 for the pair! Traded in my 12s which I paid 320$ then paid the difference for the 15s. I think I made a great choice!
It his so lowww, you feel it in your throat! SQ is excellent to me!
John, you cant compare Treo to Audiobahn. lol
It will eat those up to peices... 1 of them!
I really like my 1000.1PRD! it puts out a little more than rated power. I beleive with the 40a fuses it does 1225 rms.
I was going to put 1000d on each sub, but this is way enough for me..... I will get it measured soon.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 259
My Treo Dealer got to be the coolest, 420 for the pair! Traded in my 12s which I paid 320$ then paid the difference for the 15s. I think I made a great choice!
It his so lowww, you feel it in your throat! SQ is excellent to me!
John, you cant compare Treo to Audiobahn. lol
It will eat those up to peices... 1 of them!
I really like my 1000.1PRD! it puts out a little more than rated power. I beleive with the 40a fuses it does 1225 rms.
I was going to put 1000d on each sub, but this is way enough for me..... I will get it measured soon.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 8
Haha. That makes sense B. These Audiobahns I have aren't cutting it for me. Sounds like I need to get myself a couple of those Treo's. What do you think? I have a 98 Dodge Ram Extended Cab. Will they turn heads with my 1000.1 PRD hooked to them?

Post Number: 9
Oh and B, my PRD only has four 25 amp fuses in it. It says in the manual four 40 amp fuses. I bought it refurbished off EBAY.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1651
nice setup B. that looks so sweeeeeeet!!! nice box too. did you make that yourself?

john....i'd say you would turn heads with those subs in your extended cab. it would get so loud in there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1454
lol hurry and get it metered B

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
So..all in all. Everyone's opinions. Are those Treo's a lot better in SQ and SPL than my 12" Audiobahn Eternals I have now hooked up to my Memphis 1000.1 PRD?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1455
lol john...HELL YEAH

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks Dan. Comment on that new Thread I just posted. I'd like to hear your opinions about that also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
The thread about my friend's house speakers in his Jeep that is.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 261
^^ hell yea, there louder, lol
i just got from playing with it, lol
john, my prd has 4 40a fuses, also came with 4 extra 40a fuses. I would change to 40a fuses if I were u. Do u plan on putting 15s or 12s in the extended cab??
I want to get it metered soon....
im off to get some ear plugs, lol
I need 1 of those HUs with the remote...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Haha Damn B. Must be pretty loud. That's exactly what I want. I want it to hurt when I bump. I want some 15's in my Extended Cab. So even though my PRD I got refurbished off Ebay came with four 25 amp fuses in it, you don't think putting four 40 amp fuses in it will hurt anything? I didn't know if Memphis replaced the four 40 amp fuses in it with four 25 amp fuses for a reason when they refurbished it.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 263
nah, I think it will be ok with the 40a fuses, cause it should have the same board, my manual is the same as yours, and it says 40a!
I read b4 that is what gives the amp that extra pwr, 1225rms. Mine runs great, never got hot!
Also look @ my prd1000.1 in that pic, there is no chrome sheild crap, took it off. 4 screws, I think it looks better, what do u think?
John it really hurts when I get my HU into double digits! single digits is enough right now, lol
Hu goes up to 40!
When I turn the volume it keeps getting, louder, and louder, and louder, lol....

Chad LEe, the box was made for me, 7 1/2 cubic !
It is aggressively ported to Treos specs. Paid 75$ for box.

Username: Lets_talk_sound

Post Number: 10
how much SQ do you lose when you use a 15 instead of a 12 ? And how do rock songs sound ? Thinking of getting a Treo SSi 15...

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 264
and when you put that stuff in your truck, you should also get 1 of these..
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I think I will put four 40 amp fuses in it then. B, I bet you sure are happy with that. My Eternals don't satisfy my "need" for loudness. Yeah I do agree with you about that chrome shield mess. Yours looks great with it off. B, comment on my thread about my friend's house speakers in his Jeep. He wanted me to get people's opnions about it and tell him what yall say. It's great appreciated man.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 265
Spence can't tell you too much about Rock songs.
But I can tell you it hit super duper loww with REGGAE & RAP songs... lol
I think the response of these 15s are really quick! SQ sounds better than my 12s, lol, it just hits so damn loww & on time!
I looked @ the subs and they barely even moved... damn, lol
look @ maggnet...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Where do you suggest I buy one of those from? Haha Man B, i'm all about the Rap and R&B. Hahaha You're kidding right? They barely move? My Eternals move like crazy. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 267
I would call Treo, or visit the web site @ www.treoonline.com !
They moved slightly, not much, lol. But amazing SQ with depth!
I bet they want even more pwr, or a lil more volume on HU... lamo
Im still breaking them in, should sound better next week.
here is the pic of the magnet..
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 814
your ears are ringing after just hooking them up for the first time...that sounds like quite a break in. you might want

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Hey B, you think your Treo's would be louder than two 15" Comp. VR's?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 270
Scuba, the guys on http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/8/t/024133.htm l

Treos sounds sooooo goooood.
Inside of a ported box, lamo. I cant imagine a Sealed!
John I dont think I heard the 15 comp VRs.
But I'll still put my TREOs to them. This sh!t is unbeliable, I almost did a hair trick on my neck last night. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us