RE SE 15" box + fleck paint (not carpet)

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 384
here are some pics of my box in progress, should be finished up later this afternoon or tomorrow. i posted in another thread that i might use some stuff my dad thought of called Fleck Paint to cover the box with. it feels kind of grainy, but its strong and should protect the wood pretty damn well. check out what it looks like. we painted the grey primer on first, after it drys the real paint will be applied. what you all think? last one you see is the new RE and my old 12" vegas.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 775
are you talking about Trunk Splatter Paint?? i used that on my brother's system in his car(well, not finished yet though), turned out nice, amp/crossover rack blends right in with the trunk, haven't done the sub box yet.

Anonymous

044217_gianna5.gif

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 388
box is done w/ the paint..and it is called.. Fleck Stone paint i believe. it really resembles grannit to me. ill post pics soon. it came out sweet

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney88

Http://www.freewebs.co..., Minnesota US

Post Number: 14
i have used Flack Stone paint before ( not for a sub box) now that you brought it up it should protect the wood really well.
ps. that sh*t clogs really easy so make sure u spray upside down when ur done

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 389
ya haha i found out all the crystals/sand or whatever is in the paint gets really thick towards the end of the can, but it came out nice. i found it also helps seal any small cracks or crevisis that were at the edges of the box. overall im really pleased with the experiment, stuffs durable as hell

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 35
I'm making a dual ported box for my truck and thinking about putting the fleck sh%t on it. It looks pretty darn good. Only thing i'm worried about is it is hard and rough. I'm going to be using this box for an arm rest lol... ouch if i hit bumps huh?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us