Does a four channel amp 500 watt rms amp mean that you can hook 4 subs to it and each one will get 500-watts a piece.

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp

Post Number: 28
Does a four channel amp 500 watt rms amp mean that you can hook 4 subs to it and each one will get 500-watts a piece.And by the way its the Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine 4 Ch. 500 Watt Amplifier and you can find it at this ilinkf you need specs. Plese Help. I'm noob i could learn a thing or two.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2460

Username: Jokerjr

USA

Post Number: 1
i would not recommand hooking 4 subs up to that amp. that amp is mint more for like door and dash speakers 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms and more like the amp is 500watts max

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp

Post Number: 29
lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4289
i recently bought that amp but have not installed it as yet . 4chan amps are better suited 4 door/dash speakers like he said . I'm gonna push 4 Infinity Ref 6.5 " components with mine's .....

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 759
you could in theory hook up 4 subs to it, preferabley at a 2ohm load, but it would never see those type of watts and besides what a waste of a good 4 channel..... use theat on internals and by a sub amp according to the voice coil setup on your subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10823
500 watts is the total combined output power at 2 ohms.
it's 75x4 at 4 ohms.
it's a class AB amp, and designed for full range or components, not subs.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 134
why would you say a/b's are not designed for subs? We all know they make great subwoofer amplifiers.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10839
I said that amp isn't designed for subs.
150 watts isn't enough for a sub unless he's going to use some entry level sub like a kicker comp or JL w0

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 139
P, your amp is actually designed to power regular full-range speakers on the front channels, and a subwoofer or two with the rear channels. When bridged at 4 ohms the rear 2 channels will put out 500w+ which is plenty of power to get a decent pair of 12's sounding pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3654
just get a mono amp for ur subs and u will be fine

Unregistered guest
a four channel amp is made more for powering 4 full range speakers or to be bridged and power 2 full range speakers. you could power subs with it granted it has a low pass crossover but 250 watts isnt really enough to power anything but the smallest of subs. if youre on a budget check out http://www.cardiscountstereos.com they have some very good deals on low to mid quality components and and extremely good deals on some higher end components. check out their deals on pyle amps they are extremely high quality for the price and i would reccomend them for use in any installation novice or pro.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3678
"pyle amps they are extremely high quality"

^^^LOLOLOLOLOLOL, dont tell him that, he might believe u.

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 20
hey man if pyle is good then mitzu is awesome :D lol!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us